Today I am so pleased to welcome Nora Phoenix to Joyfully Jay. Nora has come to talk to us about her latest release, No Angel. She has also brought along a copy of the whole series to give away! Please join me in giving Nora a big welcome!
For many people, the holidays (Christmas, New Year’s) are synonym with family. In No Angel, the recent holiday addition to my No Shame series, this holds true as well, except it’s about a chosen family and not a family by blood. And sometimes, that’s even better.
I come from a pretty complicated family situation myself, and I know that’s the sad truth for many LGBTQ-friends as well. The holidays aren’t always easy when you can’t be your authentic self amongst your family, and even less when you’re not welcome at all. The men in my No Shame series have those messy family situations in common, and as a result, they’ve found family in each other. This chosen family concept is crucial to many queer friends, and I wanted to show that in No Angel, the latest addition to the series.
Love Has No Shame
The No Shame series centers around Indy, who is on the run from his mobster ex when he meets Noah and Josh, the two men who will change his life. Over the course of the first four books, we see Indy and his men fall in love, and a complicated poly relationship develops. Each book features new characters, while continuing the bigger storyline of Indy. This series combines plenty of sexy times with suspense, some kink (D/s play, puppy play, daddy kink), and all the feels.
In No Angel, they all come together to celebrate a wedding and the holidays. With their chosen family, they stand together as Indy’s past once again comes back to haunt him, and they deal with some devastating news. But they handle it in true No Shame style and show that love has no shame.
A Chosen Family
The first four books in this continuing series released almost a year ago, and it was wonderful to revisit them. It so happened that I was going through a rough personal time as I wrote No Angel, and while writing, I realized that their chosen family almost made me feel like I was a part as well. I know, us authors are weird, haha. But seeing their love for each other really comforted me and helped me lean on my chosen family in real life as well.
You often hear that blood is thicker than water, as if to defend blood-families, but the whole saying goes,“The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.” It means that a covenant you form by choice is much, much stronger than the womb you shared… If your family isn’t a happy place for you during the holiday season, I hope you’ll find a chosen family you can be yourself with.
Indy and his chosen family are celebrating the holidays…in true No Shame style.
It’s time to say I do, and Indy couldn’t be more excited. Side by side with Noah, Josh, and Connor, he’s proud to take his vows with their friends watching.
But his post-wedding bliss is rudely interrupted when his past once again comes back to haunt him. And not just him, Connor gets some shocking news as well that leaves him reeling.
Before they can all share the best Christmas ever, they’ll need to come together as one family.
No Angel is the fifth book in the No Shame series, a continuing series that needs to be read in order (start with No Filter). You can expect the usual sexy shenanigans, some suspense, and a whole lotta love and emotions as we reconnect with all characters from the previous books.
Would you like the long or the short version of my bio?
The short? You got it.
I write steamy gay romance books and I love it. I also love reading books. Books are everything.
Come hang out with me in my Facebook Group Nora’s Nook where I share previews, sneak peeks, freebies, fun stuff, and much more: https://www.facebook.com/groups/norasnook/
Nora has brought a copy of the complete No Shame series to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, January 3rd at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.