Today I am so pleased to welcome Kim Katil to Joyfully Jay. Kim has come to talk to us about her latest release, Season to Shimmer. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
All the Holiday Feels
When I first decided to write a story for Dreamspinner’s Advent calendar, it was a great deal of fun to share all the things I loved with everyone who might read the story. At the time I was living in Florida, so everything from the local wildlife to the palm trees plays a role. Especially the palm trees.
I tumbled onto the idea of the “meet-cute” in bed, and that really drove this story. The one-night stand sets the framework for their physical relationship starting in overdrive. As for the meet-cute part, well, there’s plenty of spice and sass to temper all the sweet. Just the way I like my guys.
There is a strong supporting cast in this story. I came to the realization that the books I enjoy, regardless of genre, all have one critical thing at their heart – a core group of friends and/or family that surround one of the main characters. These characters may not be perfect, but there is love overlaying everything they do.
As for Mrs. Amwith and her decidedly inappropriate palm trees – she’s who I aspire to be when I grow up.
And What Else?
I have been so excited and overwhelmed with my first book coming out that I forget to talk about everything else that I am working on. I am currently writing a full-length contemporary novel involving an NFL Quarterback and a book editor, which is an enemies-to-lovers story. Needless to say, there is wacky family hijinks, a lot of sweet and a lot of sass. And a whole lot of heat.
In the meantime, I publish a serial on my webpage which gets updated every week. This is very different and something I do just for fun. It’s a paranormal that involves sexy demons, a human cop, and some adorable hellhoundcat puppies. You can find it here: www.kimkatil.com.
One morning close to the holidays, Nolan wakes up to two surprises: a distress call from his younger brother and a beautiful man in his bed. Nolan, an art gallery owner, has always been discreet about his sexuality, but when his baby brother plans to come out at the annual family gala, Nolan wants to have his back—and that means showing up with a man of his own on his arm. Nolan knows just the man for the job.
Skylar, who owns a karate studio in St. Augustine, can’t get his one-night stand out of his mind. When he runs into Nolan at his gallery he is more than happy to volunteer his services as arm candy. Out-and-proud himself with his striking blue/green hair, Skylar is all in. Their adventure means a fancy salon, family drama, lots of sex, a ninja hippo, and palm trees lit up in a very suggestive way. By the end of it, what started as a hookup might become much more.
- Dreamspinner Link: https://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/books/season-to-shimmer-by-kim-katil-10212-b
- Amazon Link: mybook.to/SeasontoShimmer
Kim Katil patrols the Universe with her dignity of dragons during the Harvest Moon. The rest of the time, Kim lives in the mythical and contentious territory known as Central Jersey. Originally from South Jersey, she is still unsure if Central Jersey is a real place or a Fae construct. Her movement from the lower to middle band of the state was interrupted by time spent living in Ireland, Boston, Uzbekistan, Maryland, Trinidad, and Florida. So far, she has only been asked to leave one country. She currently shares a house with two other adults, three teens, two dogs, and four snakes.
While Kim would love to have a writing cave, she is content to make do with an imaginary yurt that she brings with her for use in airports, on planes and trains, and in hotels. Work-related travel is an unfortunate side effect of the day job but allows her to meet new and interesting people along the way. She has been known to have dinner with random strangers in airports and at street fairs. This level of “peopling” has caused shock and horror in her writers’ group.
A happily ever after is a necessity. Kim loves to give her characters a fun adventure to get them there and a plethora of family and friends to help them along the way.
Kim would love to hear from you on this journey:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kim.katil.52/
- Website: www.kimkatil.com
- Instagram: @kimkatilauthor
- Twitter: @kim_katil
Kim has brought a copy of Season to Shimmer and a $10 Dreamspinner Press gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, December 28th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.