Today I am so pleased to welcome Teodora Kostova to Joyfully Jay. Teodora has come to share an exclusive excerpt from her latest release, Grounded. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
We sealed our promises with a deep, all-consuming kiss that set my body on fire and extinguished the flames all at the same time.
Shane twined his fingers with mine and led me to the bedroom. I didn’t resist. That night, he kissed me as if I was everything he needed, and I kissed him back as if I could stay.
When the first light of dawn seeped through the crack in the curtains, I kissed Shane’s warm, bare shoulder, and tried to move as silently as I could when I put my clothes back on. He didn’t stir, but I knew he wasn’t asleep.
“I love you,” I whispered in his ear as I bent down to kiss his cheek goodbye. It was probably the most selfish thing I’d ever done, the words serving no purpose but to hurt us both. Yet, I needed him to know. I was going to war and I may never come back, I wasn’t going to regret not telling the only man I’d ever loved how I felt.
When Shane didn’t move, I quietly snuck out of the room, resting my head against the frame after I closed the door. A muffled sob reached me and I knew Shane was trying his hardest to not let me see him so vulnerable. Closing my eyes against the sting of my own tears, I pushed myself away from the door and walked away.
I still didn’t regret saying those words.
A chance encounter.
A passionate night.
An intense connection.
When medical student Shane Sanford and RAF pilot Greg Becker meet the air between them sizzles with mutual attraction. There’s nothing holding them back as they give in to their desire. But once their paths lead them into a different direction, neither of them can forget the intense connection they’d shared.
When fate brings them together again a year later, they have a choice to make: try and make a long-distance relationship work or let this be a one-night stand again.
With war, tragedy and fear standing in their way, can Shane and Greg overcome the challenges life keeps throwing their way? Is their bond strong enough to survive?
Is love enough?
Teodora is a bestselling, award winning author writing across genres, but has a soft spot for contemporary romance. As a passionate and vocal supporter of equal rights, LGBTQ+ themes are explored in most of her novels. A Creative Writing and English graduate, Teodora began writing full length novels in college, but only got the courage to show some of them to the world long after she graduated. She’s now been published by several publishers in five languages, and has attended book signings around the world. She loves travelling, and her wanderlust has inspired several of her novels. Her other passion is musical theatre and she can often be found in London’s West End trying to score a last minute ticket for a musical.
When she’s not writing, Teodora loves watching anime, rearranging her enormous bookshelves or walking around London, always looking for a cosy, quirky coffee shop to settle in with her Kindle and a cup of tea.
Teodora has brought a $5 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, January 25th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.