Today I am so pleased to welcome Jay Bell to Joyfully Jay. Jay has come to talk to us about his latest release, Straight Boy. He has also brought along ten audio copies to give away! Please join me in giving Jay a big welcome!
Hey everyone! Jay Bell here. I’m very excited that my angsty “he loves me/he loves me not” novel, Straight Boy, is now available as an audiobook, narrated by the amazing Kirt Graves. You might have seen the interview we did together a few weeks back on this very blog. If not, check it out here. Straight Boy wasn’t out when that was posted, but it is now, and I feel like giving some copies away. Be sure to throw your name into the hat below, because ten winners will be chosen randomly to receive a free download credit from Audible. US and UK residents only, I’m afraid. Best of luck! And if you’re the impatient type, you can order your very own Straight Boy here, available in a variety of flavors. Yum!
I love him. And I’m pretty sure he loves me back… even though he’s straight.
When I first met Carter King, I knew he was something special. I imagined us being together, and we are, but only as friends. Best friends! I’m trying to be cool with that, even though I know he has secrets, and there have definitely been mixed signals. I don’t want a crush to ruin what we already have. Then again, if there’s any chance that we can be together, it’s worth the risk, because Carter could be the love of my life. Or he might be the boy who breaks my heart.
Straight Boy is Jay Bell’s emotional successor to his critically acclaimed <em>Something Like…</em>series. This full-length novel tells a story of friendship and love while skating the blurry line that often divides the two.
Jay Bell led a quiet life in Kansas until the day he met a handsome foreign exchange student who swept him off his feet and carried him all the way to Germany. Much to their delight, marriage awaited them when they got there. While living so distant from friends and family, Jay began writing in an effort to reconcile the mixture of devotion and alienation he felt. This resulted in a Lambda Literary Award and a film option for his best-selling novel Something Like Summer. Jay and his family have since relocated to Chicago where their adventures continue, as do those of the characters in their emotionally driven Something Like… series. Jay pens the stories and his husband provides the cover art, making them books about love, forged by love.
Jay has brought 10 Audible downloads of Straight Boy to give away to 10 lucky readers! (US or UK Audible only) Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Monday, February 25th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.