Today I am so pleased to welcome SE Jakes to Joyfully Jay. SE has come to talk to us about her latest release, Sinners. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hey everyone! So nice to be back at Joyfully Jays after my extended hiatus from writing. So far, 2019 has been full of releases for me, as I’m wrapping up some well-loved series and starting new ones.
Which is how SINNERS, my newest release, came to be.
I love myself a good series, and obviously, a good cliffhanger, but there are only so many dangles you can leave hanging before people come after you with sharp objects 🙂 And I can’t blame them, since I’m looking forward to several series books myself from other authors, which is why I decided to put out a standalone in between my continuing series.
To me, a standalone means it’s not connected to any other book in my series universe. That doesn’t mean it isn’t set there—it just means that you don’t have to read any of my other books in order to understand what’s happening in this particular book. And writing a book that wraps up at the end, complete with it’s HEA is very satisfying. I thought of it as a palate cleanser between Prophet and Tommy’s series and before we dig into the continuation of Havoc (Running on Empty is out 4/29!) and Mal’s series (Dirty Lies coming 7/15!).
I can’t say too much about SINNERS without spoilers (the blurb’s below) but suffice to say, you’ve got spies and intrigue, a grifter and a thief, a hitter, a madman and hot MMM love. So the basic ingredients of an SE Jakes book. And it’s available on Amazon Kindle Unlimited!
In honor of standalone books, I’m giving away two $10 Amazon gift cards, so come on over and talk to me about your favorite standalone books!
Sometimes a broken man ends up stronger than he ever was—and far more dangerous…
Travis Smith is a grifter who’s wanted by both the Russian Mob and the FBI. He’s got the means and motive to stay hidden—until he’s picked up by Lochlan “Loch” Black, a CIA operative who threatens to unravel all Travis’s secrets.
Loch has enough secrets of his own, and they all lead back to the man he and the CIA have been hunting for years. And when Loch realizes Travis might be the key to that op, he and longtime friend and fellow agent, Tarquin “Tar” Simons, have no choice but to keep Travis under their protection.
But no one’s able to protect them all from the man who’s been hunting them back for years. Jabez Snow is a former CIA operative who didn’t stop his experiments when he disappeared.
And when Travis, Loch and Tar get involved, it triggers a chain of events none of them could foresee, and it threatens all their futures, unless they can hunt down Snow…before he finds them.
SE Jakes writes m/m romance. She believes in happy endings and fighting for what you want in both fiction and real life. She lives in New York with her family and most days, she can be found happily writing (in bed). No really…
You can contact her the following ways:
- You can email her at email@example.com
- You can post to her Facebook page: Facebook.com/SEJakes
- You can tweet her: Twitter.com/authorsejakes
- You can post on her Goodreads Group: Ask SE Jakes
- You can follow her Tumblr page: sejakes.tumblr.com
- You can follow her on Instagram: instagram.com/authorsejakes
- Truth be told, the best way to contact her is by email or in blog comments.
SE has brought two $10 Amazon gift cards to give away to two lucky readers. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Wednesday, April 3rd at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.