Today I am so pleased to welcome James Brock to Joyfully Jay. James has come to talk to us about his latest release, Mucklucked. He has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving him a big welcome!
Mucklucked, a M/M romance/adventure novel set in the far north of Alaska on a remote homestead.
When handsome young homesteader Kodiak DePaul is asked to be a contestant on a reality television program for models his life changes.
Mostly for the worse.
Devastation and heartbreak send him from the city back to the family homestead to escape and heal. Both physically and emotionally.
But even that place of refuge and solitude are soon invaded, and Kodiak has to defend both his privacy and heart, which he had vowed never to put on the line again.
Mucklucked is a long in the making project, a love story and homage to the life I led as a child on a remote 180-acre homestead in the central part of the state of Alaska. While we had no electricity, telephone or indoor plumbing we always, thanks to the careful planning of our parents, had a well-insulated cabin which was always warm thanks to the huge surplus wood burning cook stove purchased from the Alaska Rail Road.
We learned to hunt, fish and store food for the long winter season as described in Mucklucked. Our entertainment came from the few stations of radio strong enough to send a signal that far north, and books. The whole family are avid readers, eventually some of us began creating our own stories when we had read and re read our favorite books over and over.
In my case, even at a very early age, I was very aware that there were no M/M relationships happening (I was too young to understand Gore Vidal and Truman Capote, Gordon Merrick was just beginning his career, but I had no access to those books), so I wrote my own M/M stories.
And continue doing that to this day, Sometimes a Prince kisses another Prince is my own catchphrase.
The seeds of Mucklkucked were planted back on the homestead when I realized that some of our neighbors (if your land was within twenty miles of ours you were considered a neighbor) were “like me”, although I did not have the words for GLBT at the time.
My writing has spanned from essays with Alyson Publications to the Seattle Gay News and Seattle Standard to one-line material sold to Joan Rivers and Phyllis Diller. I am an Amazon best-selling author with Tailor Made. My work can be found at JamesBrockBooks.com.
Mucklucked is a salute to those brave enough to stake a claim on a homestead, where your sexual orientation does not matter but rather your own hard work and determination.
When fate sends Kodiak DePaul from his home in Alaska to a new world in a big city it is a move equal to going from Manhattan to Mars.
His wild success as a model is quickly followed by tragedy and heartbreak, sending the young Alaskan running back to his home in the north to hide and heal. Intrusion in his now notable life continues in the forty-ninth state, sending Kodiak deeper into the bush to his grandfather’s homestead in one of the most remote parts of the state.
But soon even that place of solitude and refuge loses sanctuary status.
Mucklucked, an adventure with loss and love set against the beauty and danger of the Alaskan wilderness.
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QB5XNJJ
- Amazon Paperback: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1092632476
- iTunes: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/book/mucklucked/id1458681511?mt=11
- Kobo – https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/mucklucked
- B&N – https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1131128666?ean=2940156037964
- Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/932126
James Brock spent the first part of his life on a remote Alaskan homestead in a cabin lined with books and a dreaded outhouse.
An Amazon #1 best selling author with Tailor Made, James has sold comedy one line material to Joan Rivers and Phyllis Diller, had essays published with the late Alyson Publications and sold erotic gay stories (Ok, porn) to every gay men’s magazine until they all folded in the 2000’s. His other novels are available at JamesBrockBooks.com.
James lives in Seattle with very appreciated indoor plumbing.
- Author Website: JamesBrockBooks.com
- Author Facebook (Personal): https://www.facebook.com/james.brock.102977
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/Men-Overboard-100109810041126/
James has brought a $50 Amazon gift certificate to give away to one lucky reader on his tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.