Today I am so pleased to welcome Hurri Cosmo to Joyfully Jay. Hurri has come to talk to us about a new release, Once Upon a Wolf. Hurri has also brought along a great tour wide giveaway. Please join me in giving Hurri a big welcome!
What inspired Once Upon a Wolf
I adore shifter stories. I love the fantasy of unexpected power. So, of course, I would write a few myself. Hyden’s Law, a free read, is loosely related to Mates, Inc., an older book of mine that I still need to re-release. Both are kind of “normal” stories but with very fun plots. I also wrote Ghost Wolf which is a different take on the “normal” shifter story. Here, the hero can also become invisible and has a mystery to solve. I might do a sequel to it since it ended with our hero, Trevor, giving birth to twins.
But then I thought about the possibility of writing that FIRST shifter story. What happens to a wolf who has to go it alone because he is rejected from his pack for being different? How does he first discover he can shift and what catalyst, what big event, causes him to finally do so? Once Upon a Wolf evolved from those questions. For Ghost, it was meeting his forever mate, Hawk. Well – sort of. Of course, it’s never that easy. Ghost and Hawk have a journey to take, as we all do. I was also thinking about it being a series as well, each a stand-a-lone, with the next possible storyline where I will revert back to my comfort zone of Medieval times with Once Upon a Dragon. I will go the opposite direction here in that it will be a man who has these urges and will eventually learn, the hard way, he is a Dragon shifter. But, of course, like with Ghost, it will not be a peaceful, quiet journey. There will be sinister forces who want to harness our hero’s power and others who want him dead. Our Dragon shifter just might need to garner the help from the very confused prince sent out to slay him.
So I hope you take a chance and read this book and then, if you like it, you will read others.
Hawk is alone, hiding from the world, living in a tiny, rickety cabin his grandfather built. He has few supplies and fewer yet of the skills needed to survive on his own, but because of what he did, because of what his father caused him to do… well, there’s just no other choice.
But then one day “Ghost” shows up. A large lone wolf who begins to “take care of” Hawk. He brings him game, he protects him from predators, and he even pulls him from a raging river. He is Hawk’s only friend and Hawk begins to talk to ghost as if he is human and can understand.
Except Ghost isn’t human.
Yes, Ghost has filled a void in Hawk’s life, and he is very grateful, but he is a wolf and Hawk needs the company of a human. In fact, Hawk is desperately lonely, to the point he even tells Ghost he longs for the touch of a man, the first time he has ever said such a wicked thing out loud.
Then one full-moon night a large, beautiful naked man breaks into the cabin and grabs Hawk, looming over him like he wants to eat him alive. At first Hawk is terrified, but then he realizes the stranger has Ghost’s amazing golden eyes…
- Publisher: https://www.paintedheartspublishing.com/onceuponawolf
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QLXTP4Z/
- B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1131212117?ean=2940156046980
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/once-upon-a-wolf-3
- Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/933626
- QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/book/once-upon-a-wolf/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44779777-once-upon-a-wolf
I live in Minnesota where I hold tight to the idea that here, where it’s cold a good part of the year, I won’t age as fast. Yep, I avoid the truth as much as I avoid mirrors. But one of the reasons I love writing is reality doesn’t always offer up a “happily ever after” and being able to take control of that is a powerful lure. Being a happy ending junkie, writing just makes them easier to find. Oh, I don’t mind “real life” and I do try to at least keep it in mind when I write my stories, but I truly love creating a wonderful couple, knowing they will fall in love and have their HEA. Every – single – time. And, of course, that is exactly the reason I love reading this genre, too. Give me a glass of red wine, some dark chocolate, and my computer, whether I’m reading or writing, and I’ll be entertained for hours. The fact I actually get paid to do it is Snickers bars on the frosting on the cake.
- Author Website: http://hurricosmo.com
- Author Facebook (Personal): https://www.facebook.com/hurri.cosmo
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/OfficialHurriCosmo/
- Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/HurriCosmo
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6466687.Hurri_Cosmo
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/?s=hurri+cosmo&search_type=book_search
Hurri has brought a $25 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader on the tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.