Today I am so pleased to welcome Amy Aislin to Joyfully Jay. Amy has come to talk to us about her latest release, The Nature of the Game (Stick Side 2). She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Thank you for joining me to celebrate the release of my newest m/m sports romance, The Nature of the Game, and thank you to Joyfully Jay for having me!
The Nature of the Game is a second chance romance. Six years ago, the main characters—Ash and Dan—were in a relationship that didn’t end well. They haven’t spoken since then and now, all of a sudden, they’re back in each other’s lives.
On the topic of second chance romances, here are some of my favourites, in no particular order.
Not Dead Yet by Jenn Burke, the first in a paranormal romance trilogy. One of the things I enjoyed the most in this novel was that the main characters, Wes and Hudson, have differing perspectives on what happened to break them up in the first place, and those differences don’t get resolved overnight. Moreover, the narrator, Wes, is not only hilarious, but is flawed…and he knows he’s flawed, which makes him that much more likeable. The writing is great, the story is engrossing, and I fell in love with Wes and Hudson from page one. I can’t wait to see where the author takes the story next!
Frog by Mary Calmes is the story of an on-again/off-again couple, Weber and Cyrus. I had the pleasure of reading the manga version recently and it was phenomenal. The story is a beautiful one about a man finding his place in his life and in his relationships. The novel is fantastic, but if you ever have the chance to read the manga, I highly recommend it.
P.S. I Spook You by S.E. Harmon, a standalone paranormal featuring a cold-case detective and the ex who sees ghosts. This book is so well-written and hilarious to boot. The cast of secondary characters (including the ghosts) is great, and the main characters are great as partners as well as lovers. And the banter! So much amazing banter!
Healing Hunter’s Heart by Charlie Cochet isn’t a second chance romance in the traditional sense. Hunter and Ari don’t break up and get back together, however they are separated geographically due to circumstances outside their control, and their journeys to finding each other again is incredibly sweet.
Renewing Forever by Kelly Jensen is the second book in Jensen’s This Time Forever series. We meet one of the main characters, Frank, in the previous book (so read that one first—although it’s not strictly necessary, but it’s awesome, so do it anyway). In Renewing Forever, he runs into the love of his life, Tom, after years apart. Neither Frank nor Tom have an easy journey through the book, and their happily ever after may be hard-won, but is extremely satisfying. Kelly Jensen excels at character development and it’s blatantly evident in this book, as well as in the series as a whole.
Do you have any favourite second chance romance novels?
Six years ago, an ultimatum forced Dan Greyson to make a choice that cost him everything he loved most. One of those things? His boyfriend, hockey player Ashton Yager. Now that they’ve crossed paths again, Dan isn’t about to let the opportunity slip away. Ash’s reappearance in his life is just the catalyst Dan needs to escape the rut he’s fallen into…and win back Ash’s trust and love.
Ashton Yager, once burned and now a little bit shy, didn’t mean to publicly come out as bisexual. But now that he has, he’s got to deal with the consequences, including the fact that it might’ve cost him his NHL contract. With his job on the line, he needs to keep his head down, work hard, and play the best hockey of his life. Rekindling things with Dan? That’s not exactly keeping a low profile. It’s also never going to happen, not after Dan walked away once without an explanation.
When a hurricane forces Ash to seek shelter out-of-state, he and Dan find themselves in the same B&B, where old feelings resurface. But with everything Ash has on the line, does he dare play with fire again?
The Nature of the Game is out now and is available for purchase at Amazon, iBooks, B&N, and Kobo.
- Amazon: https://geni.us/NatureoftheGame
- iBooks: https://geni.us/NatureoftheGameApple
- B&N: http://bit.ly/NatureGameBN
- Kobo: http://bit.ly/NatureGameKobo
Amy started writing on a rainy day in fourth grade when her class was forced to stay inside for recess. Tales of adventures with her classmates quickly morphed into tales of adventures with the characters in her head. Based in the suburbs of Toronto, Amy is a marketer/fundraiser at a large environmental non-profit in Toronto by day, and a writer by night. Book enthusiast, animal lover and (very) amateur photographer, her interests are many and varied, including travelling, astronomy, ecology, and baking. She binge watches too much anime, and loves musical theater, Julie Andrews, the Backstreet Boys, and her hometown of Oakville, Ontario.
Connect with Amy:
- Website: https://amyaislin.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amyaislin/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/amyaislin
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/amy-aislin
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/amy_aislin
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amy.aislin
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AmyAislinAuthor
- Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/ddvWFv
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/amyaislinauthor/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16693566.Amy_Aislin
- Amazon: http://amazon.com/author/amyaislin
- QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/amy-aislin/
- LoveRomanceReads: https://www.loveromancereads.com/amyaislin.html
Release blitz/blog tour giveaway: Win a Stick Side prize pack, including signed paperbacks of books 1 and 2 in the series, as well as some Stick Side swag! Contest open internationally. Enter via Rafflecopter. Contest ends at 12:00am May 12.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.