Today I am so pleased to welcome Allison Temple to Joyfully Jay. Allison has come to talk to us about her latest release, Cold Pressed. She has also brought along a copy to give away. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Slow Burn or Friends-With-Benefits?
When it comes to reading romance, I’m a slow burn girl at heart. I am all about the FEELINGS. The pining, the near-misses, the cautious hope that maybe he wants you too? Amazing.
I’ve already published two slow burns, so when I sat down to write my next release, Cold Pressed, I knew I wanted to try something different.
What’s the opposite of slow burn? What’s the fastest way to get two people to tumble into bed together and pretend that feelings and hearts don’t matter?
Friends-with-benefits seemed like a good answer. All sex, no feelings? No problem.
Except isn’t it always a problem? Two characters agree to follow the rules and not make it complicated, while we sit back and wait for the feelings to happen and everything to get very messy.
Cold Pressed is out on July 15, through Amazon and Kindle Unlimited. But if you’re in the mood for a little FWB right now, here are some of my favourites!
Clean Break, Erin McLellan. Connor and Travis, in the closet (an actual closet), making out. Or spanking in Connor’s room. Better not catch Feelings!
Heated Rivalry, Rachel Reid. There’s enemies-with-benefits, and then there’s screwing around for seven years and pretending like it doesn’t mean anything. Talk about commitment.
Cask Strength, Layla Reyne. A possibly controversial choice. At the end of Single Malt, book 1 of the Agents Irish and Whisky series, Jamie and Aidan seem to be on their way to happy and then at the start of book 2 they’re . . . not? As a sucker for unrequited pining, I was right there with Jamie from page 1!
Off Base, Annabeth Albert. I love a man in uniform almost as much as I love a man out of uniform. Throw in a virgin Navy SEAL and I am down!
Five Dares, Eli Easton. This one is hilarious and sweet. Dudes being dudes leads to some forced proximity and two friends who have to give each other a hand . . . in the best possible way!
Got any favourites I missed? Leave them in the comments and I’ll choose one winner to receive an advance copy of Cold Pressed.
No strings attached is all Oliver can offer. He’s hiding a broken heart that holds him back from diving into a new relationship, but he’ll go on a blind date to make his family happy. Just one date, though; he doesn’t have time for love to derail his plans.
Divorced and demoted to the night shift, Nick has his own problems. He’s got an ex-wife who needs him and a kid with one foot in juvie. The last thing Nick needs is to butt heads—or other body parts—with a tempting hipster who wears a sad smile on their blind date.
Their chemistry can’t be denied, though, in an argument or in bed. No strings sex is uncomplicated and that’s what Nick and Oliver need. But getting into bed together is one thing. Staying out of each other’s hearts soon becomes so much more complicated than either one imagined.
<em>Cold Pressed is an 80k contemporary MM romance. It features a smoldering bisexual single dad, a broken-hearted hipster with a thing for beet juice, and a friends-with-benefits arrangement that blooms into the HEA you’ve been looking for. </em>
Allison Temple has been a writer since the second grade, when she wrote a short story about a girl and her horse. Her grandmother typed it out for her and said she’s never seen so many quotation marks from a seven-year-old before. Allison took that as a challenge and has gone on to try to break her previous record in all her subsequent works.
Allison lives in Toronto with her very patient husband and the world’s neediest cat. She splits her free time between writing, community theater stage management, and traveling anywhere that has good wine. Tragically, this leaves no time to clean her house.
Allison has brought a copy of Cold Pressed to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Saturday, June 29th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.