Today I am so pleased to welcome Jodi Payne and BA Tortuga to Joyfully Jay. Jodi and BA have come to talk to us about their latest release, Wrecked. They have also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving them a big welcome!
I’m BA Tortuga, resident redneck and lover of all things cowboy. I’m here playing with my beloved co-writer and city girl, Jodi Payne, and we’re here to introduce y’all to Skyler and Beckett, our boys from Wrecked.
My favorite trope of all time is former lovers. It’s like writing an iceberg, right? There’s all this baggage, all this shit floating beneath the surface, and then as they try to sail their proverbial love boat around, all that past comes to try to sink them.
So, Beck and Sky? They’re married, at least that’s the truth on paper. They’ve been estranged (or as Sky would say ‘broke up’) for years, and when the shit hits the fan — the bull hit the bull rider — they end up in each other’s pockets again.
It makes me incredibly happy when I can go to my cowriter and say, “I need to write this! Come play with me!” and she says, “What if there was this guy?”
Especially when it’s my number one trope.
(watch out, my number two trope is fated mates, and I haven’t talked Jodi into paranormals yet…)
The call comes when Beckett Adler least expects it. He’s made a new life for himself in Vermont and has a law practice of his own. After four years, he’s even stopped wearing his wedding ring. So when he finds out his husband, bull rider Skyler Paulson, has been seriously injured at an event, he isn’t sure what he wants to do. He knows what’s right, though, so he heads down to Baltimore to bring his man home.
Sky knows his injuries are a career-ender, and he can’t believe Beck has come for him after all this time. He’s not a hundred percent sure what went wrong with their marriage, and he has no idea how to be anything but a bull rider. But he wants this second chance, so he grabs at it with both hands.
There’s a lot Sky has to learn, from how to walk again to how to settle down with the man he loves. Beck needs to learn to open up and how to be more trusting. For their marriage to work again, both men will have to find a way to meet in the middle. Because neither of them wants to be wrecked anymore.
Jodi Payne takes herself way too seriously and has been known to randomly break out in song. Her men are imperfect but genuine, stubborn but likable, often kinky, and frequently their own worst enemies. They are characters you can’t help but fall in love with while they stumble along the path to their happily ever after. For those looking to get on her good side, Jodi’s addictions include nonfat lattes, Malbec and tequila any way you pour it.
Texan to the bone and an unrepentant Daddy’s Girl, BA Tortuga spends her days with her basset hounds and her beloved wife, texting her son, and eating Mexican food. When she’s not doing that, she’s writing. She spends her days off watching rodeo, knitting and surfing Pinterest in the name of research. BA’s personal saviors include her wife, Julia Talbot, her best friends, and coffee. Lots of coffee. Really good coffee.
Having written everything from fist-fighting rednecks to hard-core cowboys to werewolves, BA does her damnedest to tell the stories of her heart, which was raised in Northeast Texas, but has heard the call of the high desert and lives in the Sandias. With books ranging from hard-hitting GLBT romance, to fiery menages, to the most traditional of love stories, BA refuses to be pigeon-holed by anyone but the voices in her head.
Jodi and B.A. have brought a $5 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday, July 23rd at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Congratulations on your new book! I can’t wait to read it.
Both authors are new to me. Thanks for the heads-up.
Thanks for the post. I love reconciliation stories! Sounds like a good one.
Let’s just hope they’ve learned how to communicate a little better while they’ve been apart.
Wrecked sounds quite appealing! Best wishes, Jody and BA, for its success.
Former lovers is one of my favorite tropes too so I can’t wait to read this.
Congrats. The book sounds very good.
Looks great. Congrats!
I love second chance romances. This sounds right down my alley!
Congrats. Sounds like a perfect book for me.
Sounds good. 🙂
Is this out now?
Yep, came out today!