Today I am so pleased to welcome TM Smith to Joyfully Jay. TM has come to talk to us about her latest release, Fighter (Survivor trilogy book 3). She has also brought along some fabulous giveaways. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Why do writers make such great listeners?
The quickest answer is because we listen to the voices of our characters all the time. But allow me to elaborate. Personally, I love sitting and talking or just listening. You can learn a lot about a person over dinner and drinks, what type of person they are, what their likes and dislikes are, their hobbies, habits and so much more. It’s especially interesting when attending a book CON, getting to meet people from all over the world, those people sharing stories from their past, about their home and things and people they love. There is a LOT of dialogue in my books based off of things that have happened or been discussed in real life. I love putting that dose of reality in all my stories and I think it gives the characters depth and purpose.
It’s not all conversations and dialogue though in the writing. I’ve lived in and traveled to many places in the US, but I’ve also spent time in other countries and I bring those sights and cultures into my stories as well. My All Cocks stories are based in New York, a place I’ve visited several times, and there are many things in those books that are real places. The Monster bar, I’ve partied with many of my friends at this particular bar and the character Gio was an actual bartender at this establishment. I think it enhanced the books to be able to describe what the bar looked like in detail and if that reader ever went to the bar, they’d recognize many things I talked about. When I’m in a new city and and eating at a restaurant I’m going to put in a book, I also listen to the people around me. It’s not enough to insert a place someone can go to, you need to talk about what’s happening while you’re there. What are the people wearing? What season is it outside? Is the bartender cute? Does he have an accent? So it’s not just copying statistics onto the page, it’s giving readers something tangible and real that they can sink their teeth into, so to speak.
Thanks for having me here today Joyful Jays!
Fighter – A Survivor story
Dedication and smarts have given Blair Cummings a leg up in the Bureau. His job is all-consuming, but rewarding. It doesn’t leave much time for a love life though, not that Blair believes in love. At nearly thirty, he’s only ever been in one long- term relationship due to his inability to commit to anything other than his job and his family.
Born into a family that is as successful as they are hateful, Howard Manning Tullor Junior ran so far away from his last name that he wound up in the arms of Satan himself. Freedom comes at a high price but it’s one Mannie is willing to pay, setting him on a path that leads him to a quiet, laid -back FBI agent.
Their attraction is unexpected, and yet, welcomed. Blair seems to have finally found something worth fighting for, but Mannie, still haunted by ghosts of the past, wonders if he’ll ever be able to move on. The two are working toward their future, but can a budding romance survive when past and present collide?
A military brat born and raised at Ft. Benning Georgia; TM Smith is an avid reader, reviewer and writer. A Texas transplant, she now calls DFW her home. Most days she can be found curled up with a good book, or ticking away on her next novel.
Smith is a single mom of three disturbingly outspoken and decidedly different kids, one of which is Autistic. Besides her writing, she is passionate about Autism advocacy and LGBT rights. Because, seriously people, Love is Love!
- Website: www.authortmsmith.com
- Blog: www.ttcbooksandmore.com
- Join TM Smith’s TRIBE on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/994621997270606/
- Facebook Author: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorTMSmith
- Facebook All Cocks series: https://www.facebook.com/AllCocksStories
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/TTCBooksandmore
- GoodReads: https://goo.gl/XQugse
- Pinterest: https://goo.gl/cq9R9t
- Youtube: https://goo.gl/Rpq5gX
T.M. has brought some fabulous prize packs to give away along her tour! Just follow the Rafflecopeter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.