Today I am so pleased to welcome Dahlia Donovan to Joyfully Jay. Dahlia has come to talk to us about her latest release, Here Comes the Son. She has also brought along a tour wide giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome
Dahlia has brought along some questions and answers about her writing:
If you had a grant to write any book you wanted as a freebie without worrying about sales, what kind of story would you like to tell?
Easiest question I’ve ever been asked. If I had a grant to write a book, I’d write about being an autistic author and being married to someone who is not autistic. Hands down. If I didn’t have to worry about sales, etc, it would be the first thing I worked on.
Tell us one thing about them that we don’t learn from the book, the secret in their past.
Lalo is afraid of not waking up. When he was younger, he struggled to sleep at night as a result. He’d try to keep himself awake as long as possible. He’s never fully conquered the fear.
Tell me about a unique or quirky habit of yours.
I like dipping peanut butter sandwiches in queso.
Were you a voracious reader as a child?
Definitely. I’m still one. I started reading fairly young and never looked back. Heidi was my favourite book to read. I think I’d read it ten times by the age of eleven.
If you could create a new holiday, what would it be?
An autistic holiday where we didn’t have to deal with ableism and all the other things in the allistic world that causes us stress, anxiety, and pain.
What are you working on now, and when can we expect it?
I just wrapped up a fun novella called Pure Dumb Luck. I’m in the editing stage right now, and I believe it’s due out in September. As far as actual writing, I’m diving into a holiday novella (even though I promised myself I wouldn’t write holiday stories in July again, sigh), it features a beloved couple from The Sin Bin, and I expect it to be out in November or December.
When evil stirs in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains, heroes come in both ordinary and extraordinary packages.
Ignatius Faber knows a few things for absolute certain. He’s half-demon, his father is the unequivocal prince of darkness, and demons want to destroy his city. And if he doesn’t make the first move on his crush, they’re never going to be anything more than a teenage fantasy that’s lasted into his thirties.
Lalo Pavia grew up hard and fast, orphaned at a young age. As an autistic, he’s learned to approach life cautiously. He throws his energy into gardening and photography—allowing both to provide a buffer between himself and the rest of the world.
Except for Iggy.
Can they find triumph, life, and even love in the middle of a city in flames?
Their fight for the mile high city has just begun.
- Publisher: https://www.hottreepublishing.com/shop/here-comes-the-son/
- Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R6K1QWR
- Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07R6K1QWR
- Amazon CAN: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07R6K1QWR
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/here-comes-the-son-dahlia-donovan/1131081523
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/au/en/ebook/here-comes-the-son
- iBooks: https://books.apple.com/au/book/here-comes-the-son/id1458299050
- Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44672591-here-comes-the-son
- QueeRomance Ink Link: https://www.queeromanceink.com/book/here-comes-the-son/
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.
- Author Website: https://dahliadonovan.com/
- Author Facebook (Personal): https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005993479215
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/dahliadonovan/
- Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/DahliaDonovan
- Author Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dahliadonovanauthor/
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8184061.Dahlia_Donovan
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/dahlia-donovan/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Dahlia-Donovan/e/B00KFNZFHU?
Dahlia is giving away a $10 Amazon gift card with this tour. For a chance to win, enter via Rafflecopter below.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.