Today I am so pleased to welcome Lynn Michaels to Joyfully Jay. Lynn has come to talk to us about her latest release, Bike Business. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Bike Business & Five Things….
When Johnny showed up as Pilot’s BFF in Holeshot 2, I thought he had a supporting and nothing more. However, he stayed with me, and all of my awesome beta readers for Holeshot 2 wanted more of him. He was my main inspiration for this story, but he wasn’t a racer. He’s more of a behind the scenes guy. Those two things came together quickly, and Bike Business was born.
- The Characters
Johnny is a little grumpy, but lovable. Gavin is a kinky, hard-ass, but has a big heart. They worked together, both giving what the other needed.
Johnny’s background isn’t a happy one. His father disowned him after much abuse, but he found safety and love with his uncle and his best friend, Pilot.
Gavin used to race Supercross until he had an accident that ruined his career, but he couldn’t let it go, and got back into the races the only way he knew how—on the business side of things.
The readers will love their chemistry, and love watching Johnny and Gavin work through their issues.
This is very much Johnny’s book. He has to let go of old dreams and figure out new ones. What happens when we think what we always wanted, wasn’t really what we wanted? Gavin has issues to work through too, but on a smaller scale. He has to learn to be there for Johnny, but not be overbearing. He has to balance his career and his personal life, something he hadn’t done much of prior to Johnny.
- The Book Cover
Jay Aheer at Simply Defined Art designed all the covers in this series. She’s simply amazing! When it came to Bike Business, I felt I need something a bit different than the other covers, though. I found an amazing image from Randy Sewell at RLS Images Photography of model, Logan Weeks. When I saw that lip bite, I knew it was Johnny!
- Next In The Series
Holeshot 3. Cole Lindt wrecks in Bike Business, and we have to see what happens with him next. He’s been an antagonist in earlier books, but he made a truce with Davey and Tyler. How will all of this change his career and his life? Look for it in 2020.
Apex Racing is expanding and absorbing Pilot and his lovers. Everyone is happy with it…except for Johnny. He’s constantly feeling left out and more alone than ever before. It’s time to seek out his own win, and find his holeshot even if it’s off the track and away from Pilot.
Gavin is determined to put together the hottest Supercross team, and he wants that to include Bryce Nickels. But that seems almost impossible since Bryce signed with Apex. Perhaps he needs a new angle, like the sexy business partner of the bodyguard, Johnny Killebrew. Maybe he’ll sign on more than he bargained for.
Everyone is chasing their own dreams, but Johnny isn’t sure he even has one.
Lynn Michaels lives and writes in Tampa, Florida where the sun is hot and the Sangria is cold. When she’s not writing she’s kayaking, hanging with her husband, or reading by the pool. Lynn writes Male/Male romance because she believes everyone deserves a happy ending and the dynamics of male characters can be intriguing, vulnerable, and exciting. She has both contemporary and paranormal titles and has been writing since 2014. Her stories don’t follow any set guidelines or ideas, but come from her heart and contain love in many forms.
Lynn has brought a copy of Finish Jump and a $5 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky Joyfully Jay reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday, August 27th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.