Today I am so pleased to welcome Macy Blake to Joyfully Jay. Macy has come to talk to us about her latest release, Nothing Gained. She has also brought along some books to give away. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
What do you get when you mix a human into a paranormal world of goddesses, dragons, griffins, vampires, fae, and more? You get Sawyer Smith’s life, for a start. He’s learned that a whole other world exists all around him, and that his best friend is actually a dragon. He’s learned that he’s supposed to save the supernatural world… even though he has no idea how he’s supposed to do it. That’s okay, though, because he has eight guardians to keep him safe until he does. Oh, and one other thing… those guardians? Also Sawyer’s mates. All eight of them.
But having eight mates was only the beginning of the Chosen world. Creating the Chosen Universe has been a ton of fun for me. I’m obsessed with mythology and have wanted for years to create a world where I could mix and match some of my favorite myths and legends to see what happens. One of my primary sources of inspiration was the Awen, a celtic symbol with three rays of light. It’s a symbol for us creative types, and I was drawn to it from the moment I first saw the symbol.
There is also a lot of symbolism in the actual sign of the Awen, and I played around with that heavily as I created my mythology. The three rays of light became the three sisters. The path to the goddesses the rays represent became a different sort of journey Sawyer needed to take. For those of you who’ve read the earlier books in this series, you’ll know that all paths lead back to the Mother Goddess.
Sawyer’s introduction into the paranormal world leads him on quite the journey, and it’s not over yet. He still has guardians to find and a mystery to solve… if he can survive the challenge.
Let me know in the comments below if you have a favorite myth, god, or goddess and you’ll be entered to win any book from my backlist (including Nothing Gained!)
Want to talk more about mythology and my inspiration? You can find me on Facebook in my group, Macy’s Moonlighters. We’re always chatting about what myths or creatures I should incorporate into the world next.
Big thanks to Jay for letting me stop by today and I hope to see you all soon!
Sawyer Smith’s life is a hot mess.
Hot, because he’s found six of his eight mates. To say things are heating up between them is putting it mildly.
A mess, because he’s the Chosen One, the son of a goddess with no powers of his own, tasked with fixing the broken magic in his world… and he has no clue how to do it.
With every new layer of mystery that’s revealed, Sawyer’s doubts about his abilities get stronger. To complicate matters, Sawyer is growing weaker by the day. Meanwhile, his newest guardian, the one he’s calling Yellow Eyes, refuses to reveal himself.
With time running out, Sawyer’s desperate enough to make a daring move — one that’s potentially deadly for him and his mates. Because at the end of the day, if there’s nothing ventured… there’s Nothing Gained.
Macy has brought two backlist books, one each for two lucky readers. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, August 8th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.