Today I am so pleased to welcome Hailey Turner to Joyfully Jay. Hailey has come to talk to us about her latest release, A Crown of Iron and Silver. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
A Ride or Die Kind of Love
Soulbound is a series about debts owed and owned. It’s about what happens when two souls get tied together by the gods, and the men in question decide not to use each other how Fate would wish.
Patrick Collins is a mage whose middle name should be trouble. Jonothon de Vere is an alpha werewolf who lost everything that mattered until he met Patrick. Both are weapons for the gods to use, something they both resent. Separately, they wouldn’t stand a chance fighting against the inevitability of fate, but joining forces makes all the difference when the world is out to get them.
My favorite relationships in books are ones built up with devotion. It doesn’t always have to be romantic, though that is the favored angle in stories. But the idea of two characters fighting for each other to the bitter end, of being willing to lay down their life for the other, that’s the kind of love that makes me sigh. That’s the kind of relationship I like to write.
Devotion doesn’t mean easy, though. Not every relationship is perfect on the page, nor should it be. People grow into each other, and there’s always a learning curve when two lives get mixed up together. Sometimes that learning curve is anchored by something that will never be knocked off its axis, no matter what is thrown at it. It’s a ride or die kind of love that can sometimes be all-consuming, but what a way to go.
Patrick and Jono come together under the worse kind of circumstances, but they make the best of a bad situation by being devoted to each other. Ultimately, all romance comes with an undercurrent of devotion. The happily ever after is what we readers live for, but it’s the journey to that end, with all its pot holes and bridges and heartfelt declarations, that make us want to root for the characters.
Never promise a life that isn’t yours to give.
New York City is decked out for the holidays, and Special Agent Patrick Collins is looking forward to a reunion with his old team when he gets assigned a new case. A human child is missing, and the changeling left in her place causes a prominent witch family to demand justice from the fae.
Meanwhile, continued harassment from the New York City god pack forces Jonothon de Vere to formally establish his own with Patrick. Doing so will mean a civil war within the werecreature community—a war they risk losing from the start without alliances. Making bargains with the fae is never wise, but Patrick and Jono have nothing to lose when a fae lord comes asking for their help.
The Summer Lady has been kidnapped from the Seelie Court, and if they can find her, Patrick and Jono will cement an alliance with the fae. But the clues to her disappearance are found in Tír na nÓg, and the Otherworld has never been kind to mortals.
Venturing past the veil, Patrick and Jono risk losing territory, time, and their very lives while searching for answers. Because the Queen of Air and Darkness knows they are coming—and the ruler of the Unseelie Court has an offer for them they can’t possibly refuse.
A Crown of Iron & Silver is a 107k word m/m urban fantasy with a gay romantic subplot and a HFN ending. It is a direct sequel to All Souls Near & Nigh. Reading the prior books in the series would be helpful in enjoying this one.
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart
Connect with Hailey Turner:
- Newsletter: You can keep up with Hailey’s future projects by joining her newsletter, where you can instantly download several free short stories: http://eepurl.com/cAEejL
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/haileyshellions/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/haileyturnerwrites/
- Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014824811406
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/hailey-turner
- Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorHaileyTurner/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/haileyturnerwriter/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16473068.Hailey_Turner
- Website: www.haileyturner.com
Hailey has brought two backlist books to give away to two lucky readers on the tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter link to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.