Today I am so pleased to welcome Davidson King to Joyfully Jay. Davidson has come to talk to us about her latest release, Raven’s Hart. She has also brought along a great giveaway! Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Writing “The End”
Raven’s Hart is the last book in my Haven Hart series. And saying goodbye was actually harder than I thought it would be.
It all started on November 28, 2017 when I published my very first book, Snow Falling. The second I hit publish I thought that was it. I published a book that would likely not do great because no one really like new authors. That was my first thought.
My second was, “Oh, wow, they like me they really like me.” Because this community was loud and they wanted to drown out the negative feedback on writing from teachers and counselors I heard for year. I found my home, my tribe.
Now, almost two years later I’m saying farewell to the series that helped me fulfill my dream. I cried so many times writing Raven’s Hart because it was an emotional journey and these characters mean so very much. I’ve put them through Hell and pulled them back. I’m shocked they haven’t left my mind in the hopes of greener pastures elsewhere.
Many have asked if this is goodbye to Haven Hart the universe and I will answer that with a resounding NO. This story arc is over and these characters (mostly) are complete.
Joker’s Sin is a spinoff series that will begin next year (2020) however it’s a series on it’s own. While in the same universe it won’t entwine with the other characters. Also, Simon, will have his own standalone book possibly later next year (I’m hoping then) but that won’t be taking place in Haven Hart. I will say that after you read Raven’s Hart you’ll understand where that may be.
Haven Hart was a thrill to write but it’s this community and the readers who made it happen. If no one was invested I likely would have stopped after Snow Falling. So, thank you.
Saying goodbye is hard but I’m so excited for my next adventure. I hope you take it with me.
Haven Hart stands on the edge of good and evil. Having balance between the two is the only thing keeping the town from crumbling to the ground. For years, one man has been charged with maintaining that balance. Poe.
The air of mystery surrounding Poe is one of necessity. He’s the keeper of secrets and for good reason. He’s stood alone against the most ruthless men and women, always hiding behind the curtain to help his friends defeat what seeks to destroy them.
Now, after all this time, the city he loves, the people he has protected, and the secrets he’s kept hidden are in serious jeopardy. Poe will need the help of his friends to fight the ultimate battle; not just save Haven Hart but everything and everyone he holds dear to him.
When the dust settles, will betrayals be forgiven? Will the city still be standing? Will Poe’s beloved be at his side or will everything crumble? One thing is for certain, everything will be tested, and questions will finally be answered. Raven’s Hart is the final installment in the Haven Hart Series.
Haven Hart Series #7
Release Date: September 15, 2019
Length: 61,500 words
Davidson King, always had a hope that someday her daydreams would become real-life stories. As a child, you would often find her in her own world, thinking up the most insane situations. It may have taken her awhile, but she made her dream come true with her first published work, Snow Falling.
When she’s not writing you can find her blogging away on Diverse Reader, her review and promotional site. She managed to wrangle herself a husband who matched her crazy and they hatched three wonderful children.
If you were to ask her what gave her the courage to finally publish, she’d tell you it was her amazing family and friends. Support is vital in all things and when you’re afraid of your dreams, it will be your cheering section that will lift you up.
Link tree (link to all SM accts): linktr.ee/davidsonkingauthor
Davidson has brought a $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, September 20th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.