Today I am so pleased to welcome Kate Hawthorne to Joyfully Jay. Kate has come to talk to us about her latest release, A Thousand Lifetimes. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Ezra Clarke is twenty-three forever, and he’s broody as all hell. His mate, Declan, calls him on it, and sometimes even matches him on the brood-o-meter. Ezra absolutely cannot understand why Declan would be happy to be a vampire, so Ezra is doubtful of Declan’s happiness in the beginning.
“Could you have…you know, not bitten me?” There’s a teasing inflection in the question, and I wish I could see his face. Declan draws shapes on my bare chest with the tip of his finger and, for the first time, I think this might all work out.
“I didn’t want to.” I shift my weight so we’re looking at each other, and I really need him to understand how sorry I am. “I held off. I was biting myself so I wouldn’t bite you, but when you made me come, I couldn’t stop myself. It was that or let you bleed out.”
“Well, thank you, I guess, for not letting me do that.”
“I wanted you from the first moment I saw you, Declan. But I didn’t want for it to be like this.” I untangle from him and stand up. I need there to be space between us because my shame is too fucking heavy for his shoulders.
He doesn’t move, doesn’t say anything, and I relax in the familiar stillness of the near-dawn. But then he’s there. His fingertips against the small of my back and they’re not hot like they used to be, but they temper me just the same.
“Why?” he asks, “Do you not think I’ll make you a good mate?”
I turn around; Declan looks hurt. His brow is furrowed and his lips are turned down into the faintest hint of a frown.
“Why would you say that?” I tip his chin up until he meets my eyes.
“You just said it. You didn’t want me like this,” he pouts.
“No.” I shake my head and grab him by the arms. “That’s not what I meant at all. I meant I didn’t want to do it without asking. I wanted you to want it, and I took that choice away from you.”
I let go of his arms and brush past him, returning to the bed. I’m really getting tired. I can tell that just on the other side of my curtains the sun is coming up, and not only does that make me tired, but the fact that Declan probably drank half of my blood has also added some considerable strain on my nervous system.
“Jesus, you weren’t kidding.”
“How fucking broody you are.”
My name is Ezra Clarke, and I’m twenty-three.
If you’re counting in vampire years, I’m actually two-hundred and eight, and if living that long has taught me anything, it’s that nothing lasts forever. And that’s been fine. It’s… whatever. I’ve never wanted anything that long, anyway, which is why I’ve never taken a mate, but that all changed when I met Declan Byrne.
He’s young, handsome, and he doesn’t do what I tell him to. He smells like cinnamon and has eyes that remind me of the daytime sky. Every kiss we share feels like home, and no touch lasts long enough.
I need him to be mine.
And for the briefest moment he is, and life is perfect… and then it isn’t. Rogue vampires threaten to pull us apart, and complicated politics are painful reminders that a world exists beyond our privacy of our bedroom.
But if anyone thinks they can keep me away from Declan, they have another thing coming. My mate and I have a thousand lifetimes to live, and we’re just getting started.
Born and raised in Southern California, Kate Hawthorne woke up one day and realized she had stories worth sharing. Now existing on a steady diet of wine and coffee, Kate writes stories about complicated men in love that are sometimes dirty, but always sweet. She enjoys crafting hard-fought and well deserved happy endings with just the right amount of angst and kink.
From estate sale shopping to shoe worship, there’s something in at least one of her books that’ll tickle your fancy. Visit her website at www.katehawthornebooks.com
- Author Website: http://www.katehawthornebooks.com
- Author Facebook (Personal): http://facebook.com/katehawthornebooks
- Author Facebook (Author Page): http://facebook.com/authorkatehawthorne
- Author Twitter: http://twitter.com/katewriteswords
- Author Instagram: http://instagram.com/kate.hawthorne
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/17636987.Kate_Hawthorne
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kate-Hawthorne/e/B0791M6HFZ/
Kate is giving away a $20 Amazon gift card with this tour. For a chance to win, enter via Rafflecopter below.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.