Today I am so pleased to welcome Isobel Starling to Joyfully Jay. Isobel has come to talk to us about her latest release, Powder Burns. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Declan swiftly closed the door behind himself, pocketed the key and groped for the light switch. Flicking it on he saw he’d stepped straight into the small kitchen of a decrepit rundown studio flat before the light flickered ominously and bulb popped.
“Shite!” Declan hissed as he was thrown into absolute darkness. From the quick look he’d gotten of his surroundings Declan knew that there was one other room and a doorway that probably led to a bathroom. The warm stagnant air in the flat had absorbed the scents of spices and cooking oil from the restaurant next door.
Declan sensed Sam’s presence a second before he felt the warm slender body slam against his chest in the dark.
“Westley—” Declan exclaimed in a pained whisper. But before he could say another word Sam’s mouth was on his, kissing him hotly with ravenous urgency. The coiling pressures of need and longing that twisted painfully inside Declan for the arduous weeks he and Sam were parted were finally released.
Sam jumped up and wrapped his legs around Declan’s hips. Declan’s staggered taking Sam’s weight and his hands moved, as if magnetized, to cradle Sam’s firm bottom. Sam was a raging forest fire in Declan’s arms and Declan knew no other way forward than to give himself to be consumed by the flames.
His arms full, Declan stumbled forward in the blackened room, bumping into furniture—the rush of lust guiding them to seek a solid surface to fuck against—fast. A small side table was knocked over and the jarring sound of smashing ceramic made them pause for a breath and emit childish laughter, like a pair of teens partaking in an illicit tryst. Declan’s leg found a soft edge, and Sam toppled backward pulling Declan with him. Luckily, he landed on a couch.
From the squeak of the cushions and the lack of support in the springs Declan knew it was a cheap old faux leather settee they were grappling and groping on, but he didn’t care. Sam was in his arms and they were both horny as hell.
One book, Two Missions, and a memory-key full of secrets!
After a series of terrorist attacks on fracking sites owned by a Gas multinational named Drilsink, Sir James Aiken’s agency is bought in to find the radical Eco-terrorist group responsible. He sends Sam and Declan to work undercover at Imperial College where Intel suggests the group are recruiting. While Sam works behind the scenes, Declan takes on the identity of Geologist Dr. Tobias Hunter and soon makes an enemy of a fellow science geek- a man who Declan comes to despise more than Sir James Aiken!
When the operation moves from London to Munich and then Vienna, Sam, and Declan are thrown headlong into a spy scenario straight out of the thriller novels they love to read—but with a distinct and disturbing sexual twist! Sam meets an old friend and uncovers shocking information about James’ past.
With Erik Madsson still imprisoned inside the A.L.L. HQ, James comes to realize that he should have listened to his son. Keeping the enemy inside his own home is about to be the biggest mistake he has ever made.
Connect with Isobel Starling:
- Twitter: @isobel_starling
- Instagram: @Isobel_starling
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Isobel-Starling/e/B00U1MKE5I
- Sign up for Isobel’s newsletter at https://isobelstarling.wix.com/books
Readers, join us as we celebrate the release of POWDER BURNS with a giveaway! Prizes include: 1) Shatterproof Bond Art Zine. This limited edition glossy zine features artwork of the main characters, Sam and Declan, by a host of artists the author commissioned, and art by the author herself. 2) 1 set of audio codes of books 1 – 4 in the Shatterproof Bond series!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.