Today I am so pleased to welcome Dahlia Donovan to Joyfully Jay. Dahlia has come to talk to us about her latest release, Pure Dumb Luck. She has also brought along a tour wide giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
The one word that epitomizes Pure Dumb Luck is fun. Definitely. 100%. Fun.
And I definitely made that decision consciously.
The first two novels I wrote in 2019 were emotionally heavy. One was a nightmare to write from conception to the last word. I desperately wanted/needed to enjoy the process of writing again.
Woody and Eddie are the epitome of a Rom-Com. While writing, I definitely visualized the entire story as a movie. Pure Dumb Luck—coming to a theatre near you—I wish.
Sadly, we’ll have to settle for the written word.
It was lines like this that had me laughing constantly.
“What’s a blowjob on the baseball scale of sex?” Woody followed Eddie down the trail. They had four more miles to go before they hit their first campsite of the hike. “Third?”
“Two balls and a strike .”
There are so many moments in the novella that had me chuckling (and wondering if my editor would make me rewrite them.)
She didn’t, thankfully.
I might’ve had to fight her to keep my precious moments of silly humour together.
Do you love a good Rom-Com?
When two small-town country dudes win the lottery, they finally find the courage to speak their truth.
An unexpected adventure follows.
Linwood “Woody” Robinson has a routine. He works for his baby brother in construction, buys three lottery tickets every week, and lusts after his best friend from high school. He’s done the same thing for twenty years.
Eddison “Eddie” Howard owns the only gas station in their small South Carolina town, sells lottery tickets, and lusts after his best friend from afar. They joke around but never speak their truth. He knows they’re cowards but can’t seem to find the courage to bridge the gulf between them.
And then they win eighty million dollars.
They go from never talking about their feelings to facing the world together.
Can anything pull them apart?
- Publisher: https://www.hottreepublishing.com/shop/pure-dumb-luck/
- Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VKLBRBF/
- Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2OfqkbG
- Amazon CAN: https://amzn.to/30UFcO6
- Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2LBKrif
- Kobo: http://bit.ly/2ZdOuVm
- iBooks: https://apple.co/2Z4GuG4
- Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/47174205-pure-dumb-luck
- QueeRomance Ink Link: https://www.queeromanceink.com/book/pure-dumb-luck/
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.
- Author Website: https://dahliadonovan.com/
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/dahliadonovan
- Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/DahliaDonovan
- Author Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dahliadonovanauthor/
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8184061.Dahlia_Donovan
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/dahlia-donovan/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Dahlia-Donovan/e/B00KFNZFHU/
Dahlia is giving away a $5 Amazon gift card with this tour – enter via Rafflecopter below.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.