Today I am so pleased to welcome DJ Jamison to Joyfully Jay. DJ has come to talk to us about her latest release, Wrangling A Groom (Marital Bliss #2). She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
For the Love of a Cowboy
There’s so many things to love about cowboy romance, am I right? From their work ethic, to their strength and stamina, to the fit of their blue jeans. Cowboys are sexy. But beyond that, cowboys are generally good men with a tough job to do.
Wrangling A Groom, releasing today, has a fun title, but it’s more serious than you might think at first glance. It’s the ultimate tale of the lonely, burdened cowboy. Wyatt Jones has a lot of weight on his shoulders as he takes over his grandfather’s cattle ranch–from financial woes to romantic ones. He lost the only guy he loved years ago, and when Diego returns to the ranch, Wyatt would do just about anything to make things right. He invokes a childhood marriage pact, hoping to persuade the man he’d once loved to give him another shot. But it’s not that simple, of course. HEA’s take time and work–and so does saving the Triple J Ranch.
I enjoy cowboy romances because there’s usually a larger story at work than just the relationship, which is the case in Wrangling A Groom. The romance is at the forefront, but ranching life isn’t easy. There’s a lot more than Wyatt and Diego’s hearts at stake–but, of course, we’re very interested in their hearts… and other body parts!
I hope you enjoy my take on a cowboy romance. There are plenty to choose from in the genre, but here are five I’ve personally read and enjoyed:
- The Pickup Men series by LC Chase. This is by far my favorite cowboy series of all time. It focuses on the rodeo circuit, rather than a horse or cattle ranch, and it’s fantastically researched and written.
- Worth The Coming Home by Lisa M Owens. Horse rancher meets Army Ranger, what’s not to like? It’s also a brother’s best friend romance. This book gives a great sense of the horse operation while also offering up some sizzling hot sex and lots of feels!
- Love, Like Water by Rowan Speedwell puts an interesting spin on the cowboy story with an FBI agent in need of a fresh start, and a ranch foreman who specializes in rehabilitating abused animals.
- The Clean Slate Ranch series by A.M. Arthur. What I like about this series is that A.M. creates a whole family of ranch characters who support one another. Sometimes there’s conflict or uncomfortable baggage, but they always work through it. You definitely get a sense of a fresh slate and a found family with these books.
- Cowboy Seeks Husband by Leta Blake and Indra Vaughn. Just to turn this trope sideways, I’ll include this book, which is cowboy romance meets reality show craziness. Leta writes great characters, and I always love her work.
I am sure there are many more great cowboy romances out there. This barely scratches the surface. Please recommend your favorites in the comments below!
Can two men keep a childhood promise for marital bliss?
Wyatt is overwhelmed after his grandfather dies, leaving him to take over the cattle ranch. The Triple J is floundering, vandals are targeting him, and his first and only love is finally within reach–and still holding a grudge. Wyatt has wanted to marry Diego since they made a childhood pact, but Diego isn’t back for their second chance.
When a funeral calls Diego back to Texas, he comes face-to-face with the cowboy who broke his heart. Resentment has burned inside him for years, but his anger wavers as he realizes just how much Wyatt is struggling to keep his head above water. The man he once loved is lonely and burdened, and Diego feels compelled to help him rediscover the strong, capable rancher he knows him to be.Hostility gives way to passion, then friendship as they fall into a rhythm of work and sex. Wyatt has renewed hope he might wrangle the man he wants to be his groom. But Diego has a life waiting for him one thousand miles away, and love may not be enough to prevent history from repeating itself.
Wrangling a Groom is Book 2 of the Marital Bliss series, but it can be read as a standalone.
DJ Jamison is the author of more than a dozen m/m romances, including the Ashe Sentinel series and the Hearts and Health series. She writes a variety of queer characters, from gay to bisexual to asexual, with a focus on telling love stories that are more about common ground than lust at first sight. DJ grew up in the Midwest in a working-class family, and those influences can be found in her writing through characters coping with real-life problems: money troubles, workplace drama, family conflicts and, of course, falling in love. DJ spent more than a decade in the newspaper industry before chasing her first dream to write fiction. She spent a lifetime reading before that, and continues to avidly devour her fellow authors’ books each night. She lives in Kansas with her husband, two sons, two fish and, regrettably, one snake.
DJ has brought along a great give away. Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.