Today I am so pleased to welcome Bru Baker to Joyfully Jay. Bru has come to chat with us today as part of the Coastal Magic Blog Tour. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hi everyone! I’ve been on blogs all week promoting my latest release, Downward Facing Dreamboat, but I’m taking a break from that today to talk about something else I’m crazy excited about–the Coastal Magic Convention in Daytona Beach, Florida!
I’m ready for Coastal. Like, not just on a spiritual level, though I am totally ready to commune with my tribe and spend a few awesome days with like-minded romance readers and fabulous authors. I mean my body is ready for Coastal. Those of you who live in places where it never gets below freezing can’t truly understand just exactly how wonderful a week in Florida sounds come February.
Given that it’s only December–well, it’s going to be a long winter for this Hawaiian-born Filipina transplanted into the very cold Midwest.
Coastal is the perfect mix of books and sun and it really gives me something awesome to look forward to in the dead of winter. Plus it’s the start of my book conference season, so it makes me smile to think about for a number of reasons!
Last year was my first time attending and I wasn’t really sure what I’d be walking into. I’d heard from both authors and readers that this was one of the events they looked forward to most every year, which set the bar kind of high expectations wise.
And let me tell you, friends, Coastal Magic blew those expectations out of the water.
If you’re a reader and you’re on the fence about whether or not to go–GO! Everyone was lovely, the venue is perfect, and well, you can’t ask for better weather than Daytona in February. Everyone from warmer climates thought we were crazy for hitting the beach when it was in the seventies–but when you’re coming from negative temperatures, the seventies feel sweltering. (I will note that I didn’t get in the water, but I’m really more of an “appreciate the ocean from a distance” kind of a girl than a “get wet and sandy” kind of girl. It has nothing to do with the temperature.)
I had an absolute blast last year and my expectations are even higher for this year. It’s an intimate group and everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I didn’t know many people but I never felt like I was a stranger. We even had people from the scrapbooking convention at the same hotel come to the signing because they’d met so many super friendly people attending Coastal throughout the week and were interested to learn more about it. It’s really a great vibe.
What part of a beach vacation in winter would you look forward to the most? Do you soak up the rays and read or frolick in water? (And what kind of book is your favorite beach read?) Comment on any of these questions to be entered to win one of TEN Dreamspinner Press $10 gift certificates!
(And since it is the holiday season, even though we’re talking about beaches…head over to check out Dreamspinner’s holiday book sale! All of my holiday books are 50 percent off until Dec. 31, and all of the other backlist holiday books in the store are, too!
February 20-23, 2020
Join us for reader, blogger, and author shenanigans! We feature a lineup of over 50 amazing storytellers that showcases best-selling favorites, along with debut and “new to you” authors who are sure to catch your attention.
Bru Baker writes sophisticated gay romantic fiction with strong characters, real-world problems, and plenty of humor.
Bru spent fifteen years writing for newspapers before making the jump to fiction. Whether it’s creating her own characters or getting caught up in someone else’s, there’s no denying that Bru is happiest when she’s engrossed in a story. She and her husband have two children, which means a lot of her books get written from the sidelines of various sports practices.
Bru has brought ten $10 Dreamspinner Press gift cards to give away. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Sunday, December 22nd at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.