Today I am so pleased to welcome Kiki Clark to Joyfully Jay. Kiki has come to share an exclusive excerpt from her latest release, The Alpha and His King. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
“Alpha?” The word caught in his throat, and he knew his whole face was probably red.
“You can call me Rick, you know,” Rick said, his smile wider than before. “You did earlier.”
Kai gave his head a slight shake. The intense concentration of Rick’s scent in his bed had made it easy for Kai to be lulled into forgetting their respective places in the pack. Away from Rick’s room, he didn’t really feel like he’d earned the right to use Rick’s name instead of his title, but he promised himself he would by truly becoming a member of the pack.
Glancing back down the hall, he didn’t see any sign of Ms. Beth or his sisters. “Um, can I ask you a question?”
“Of course you can.” Rick’s voice was quiet, but not soft. There was too much gravel for it ever to be described that way. He repositioned Henry so only one arm cradled him and reached out to place his other hand on the side of Kai’s neck.
Kai couldn’t repress a shiver at the warm, reassuring touch. “Why is Alpha McAllister sending six people here? Is… Is something wrong?”
Rick stepped closer, his hand sliding up to cup the back of Kai’s head. “Nothing is wrong. You hear me? You don’t have anything to fear from the McAllisters.”
Kai nodded, his eyes falling shut for a moment when Rick’s fingers rubbed the back of his head gently. He couldn’t focus on what he was saying. “Um, why are they coming then?”
Rick didn’t say anything for a moment, and Kai peeled his eyes open slowly. Rick’s dark brown eyes were so bright they nearly glowed, and Kai couldn’t stop his sharp inhalation. Rubbing his thumb on the hinge of Kai’s jaw, Rick finally answered. “Alpha McAllister and I are considering an alliance, and he believes his daughter is the fastest way to accomplish that.”
“Oh,” Kai breathed out, his lashes fluttering as his eyes fought to stay open. He didn’t want to miss a moment of that look on Rick’s face, but it was like he didn’t have control of his body anymore. Warmth spread from his belly into his groin, and he held back a moan as Rick’s nails scratched at his scalp lightly. “Alpha.”
The moaned word slipped out, and Rick seemed to freeze for a moment before abruptly taking a step back, his hand falling away. Kai’s whole body felt cold and his head a little dizzy.
“Grab the cart, Kai,” Rick murmured and walked away.
When Kai flies out of a shed, swinging a rake, Rick’s life flips upside down.
As alpha, Rick’s dedication to his pack has never wavered—until Kai. The pull he feels toward the younger man is more than a simple distraction, but Rick won’t let himself lose focus. Not while a hidden enemy is drawing near.
Moving in with the grumpy alpha who saved him is a big change for Kai, and it isn’t long before he begins to ache for something he can’t have. As a half-human shifter responsible for his three younger siblings, he knows he can never be Rick’s mate.
Pushing aside their doubts and insecurities, they grow closer. But when the pack’s enemies strike, bringing their fears to fruition, Rick and Kai have to decide if they’re willing to risk it all to be together.
The Alpha and His King is the first book in the Kincaid Pack series and features a quick-tempered and possessive alpha; a sweet and feisty alpha-mate; shifters, seers, and witches galore; massive amounts of hurt/comfort; and a happily ever after.
A small town Michigan girl, Kiki has enjoyed reading since she first picked up Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone as a child. After that, she devoured everything she could get her hands on and dreamed of one time writing her own books that touched people’s hearts.
In her early twenties, she discovered LGBTQ romances and had a realization: these were her people and this was where she belonged.
Nearly ten years later, she’s proud to finally join the ranks of authors releasing character-driven, emotionally satisfying books showcasing that everyone deserves to find love.
Stay up-to-date with Kiki by signing up for her newsletter: http://bit.ly/KikiSignUp
- Goodreads— http://bit.ly/37RL3aG
- FB Page— http://bit.ly/34nmtMK
- FB Group— http://bit.ly/3815t0Z
- Twitter— http://bit.ly/2PjNBb8
- Instagram— http://bit.ly/35ohHjc
- Pinterest— http://bit.ly/38ypywN
- Website— www.kikiclark.com
- NL— http://bit.ly/KikiSignUp
- Amazon Author Page— https://amzn.to/36n7fJv
Kiki has brought a $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Monday, January 20th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.