Today I am so pleased to welcome Amy Aislin to Joyfully Jay. Amy has come to talk to us about her latest release, Shots on Goal. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Thank you for joining me to celebrate the release of my newest m/m sports romance, Shots on Goal, and thank you to Joyfully Jay for allowing me to briefly take over the blog!
In late 2016 or early 2017, a small indie publisher put out a submission call that I answered with a novella called The Play of His Life. That second chance romance novella featured a main character who was a former NHL player, and in it, we met some of his former teammates.
That, in turn, sparked the Stick Side series. Technically, the Stick Side series was an accident. The main characters of the first book, On the Ice, very, very briefly appear in The Play of His Life, which is how I started writing the Stick Side series—those two characters demanded to have their story told.
In book two, The Nature of the Game, we have the happily ever after of two characters who were introduced in book one. And in book three, Shots on Goal, we have the story of characters who were introduced in the previous two books.</span>
Three books later, I have a trilogy on my hands. Each book has led into the next…whether on purpose or by accident, I’ll let you be the judge!
What’s next, you ask? I’m working on something a little different that will be out in June, the first book in a brand new trilogy that I’m so excited about. Without spoiling anything, think Wyoming, mountains, and…dare I say it? Cowboys. And you’ll get an introduction to it in my short story, Coffee Cart Thursdays, appearing in the Love in the Springtime charity anthology that will be out this spring!
But what about the Stick Side series? I’m putting it temporarily on hold while I work on some other fun projects, but I do intend to get back to it eventually. In fact, one of the main characters for book four is already knocking at my door. Think jock meets nerd.
I hope you enjoy Shots on Goal. It features opposites attract, a local library under threat of closure, and a made family.
Recently traded to the newly formed Vermont Trailblazers, professional hockey player Roman Kinsey needs to focus on helping the team win games and filling the stands, not on the blond, bespectacled part-timer who works at the library he volunteers at. He knows all too well that outing himself equals heartache and ridicule…or worse.
Cody Evans, psych major and grad school hopeful, notices everything and thinks too much. But he doesn’t know what to think when he sees Roman reading to kids. The rugged hockey player just doesn’t look like the type. But it stirs something in him, something he’s never felt before.
When the library is threatened with closure, Cody enlists Roman’s help. As they get to know each other better…much, much better…they realize that they have more in common than books. But Roman’s keeping a big part of himself from his team, and giving in to his feelings for Cody might be more than he’s willing to risk.
Amy’s lived with her head in the clouds since she first picked up a book as a child, and being fluent in two languages means she’s read a lot of books! She first picked up a pen on a rainy day in fourth grade when her class had to stay inside for recess. Tales of treasure hunts with her classmates eventually morphed into love stories between men, and she’s been writing ever since. She writes evenings and weekends—or whenever she isn’t at her full-time day job saving the planet at Canada’s largest environmental non-profit.
An unapologetic introvert, Amy reads too much and socializes too little, with no regrets. She loves connecting with readers. Join her Facebook Group to stay up-to-date on upcoming releases and for access to early teasers, find her on Instagram and Twitter, or sign up for her infrequent newsletter here.
- Website: https://amyaislin.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amyaislin/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/amyaislin
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/amy-aislin
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/amy_aislin
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amy.aislin
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AmyAislinAuthor
- Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/ddvWFv
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/amyaislinauthor/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16693566.Amy_Aislin
- Amazon: http://amazon.com/author/amyaislin
- QueeRomanceInk: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/amy-aislin/
Amy has brought a winner’s choice of signed paperback from her back list to give away to one lucky reader on her tour. Follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.