Today I am so pleased to welcome L.J. Hayward to Joyfully Jay. L.J. has come to talk to us about her latest release, When Death Frees the Devil. She has also brought along a great tour wide giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hello! I’m L.J. Hayward and I’ll be your author for this blog tour. Thank you for being here with me as I introduce the third, and last for this story arc, Death and the Devil book. Jack and Ethan have faced off against a rogue assassin, hidden enemies and each other. This time they’re going up against the shadowy, global organisation behind every danger to threaten them and their life together.
For a chance to win a US$15 Amazon gift card, please leave a comment and a winner will be randomly chosen at the end of the blog tour.
Thank you to Joyfully Jay for hosting me today. The third Death and the Devil book, WHEN DEATH FREES THE DEVIL, is released today!! I’m so excited for you all to finally read this book. Its scale is grander than the previous books and, I think, more emotional as well as more action packed. It’s also a bit bigger than the others. I tend to write long (in case you hadn’t noticed) so today, I’m experimenting in writing short. Very short. 100 words or less short. Drabbles, in other words (see, a fine example of me writing long).
The first drabble is a Jack and Ethan moment that could have happened at any point and I hope everyone likes the little Easter egg in this one. The second is a little fantasy moment that could possibly happen sometime, maybe . . .
“Is this yours?”
“Is what mine?”
“This book I found on the floor under your side of the bed.”
“Um . . . no?”
“Then what was it doing there?”
“Ah . . . maybe you dropped it there.”
“This isn’t one of my books, Jack. I’m not entirely positive it’s a book I thought you would ever read, either.”
“Why not? It’s got fencing, fighting, torture, giants, monsters, chases, escapes. True love. Miracles.”
“Is this a kissing book, Jack?”
“Look. Just put it back where you found it, okay?”
“As you wish, Jack.”
“What the hell is this?”
“What is what?”
“This thing that’s clawing its way up my jeans.”
“Oh. That’s James.”
“Yes. She has a cute little bowtie mark on her neck, like a tuxedo, don’t you think?”
“So . . . James Bond?”
“I thought it was appropriate.”
“Wolverine might be more approp—Ow! You clawed devil!”
“It reached my shirt and its tiny knives hit skin. Come and get your apprentice assassin, Ethan.”
“Oh, wait . . . It’s purring.”
“Well, maybe you could leave it here. Just for a bit.”
Ethan is finally free. He’s left the Cabal behind and embraced a civilian life with Jack, the man he loves. The only problem is that the Cabal isn’t willing to let him go. A call in the middle of the night and a threat to Jack’s family, and Ethan is back in the game. The only way out is to take on the organization that spent years warping his life.
Jack’s boyfriend has a way of vanishing on him, but this time Ethan’s disappearance is more frightening than ever. A trail of mysterious clues, a hit against his family, and the handprint of the Cabal on everything means the greatest test of love and determination Jack has ever endured.
Torn apart by forces greater than they are, Jack and Ethan must fight harrowing battles to get back to each other. The Cabal is the greatest foe either of them has had to face. Ethan is willing to throw away everything to bring an end to the Cabal’s evil. And Jack is willing to do the same to make sure Ethan comes out the other side alive.
L.J. Hayward has been telling stories for most of her life, a good deal of them of the tall variety. She loves reading but doesn’t seem to have enough time between wanting to be a more disciplined writer, being the actual erratic writer she is, and working for dollars in a dungeon laboratory. She also lives on the Gold Coast in Queensland, but rarely sees a beach and can’t surf, though she thinks living on a houseboat might be fun. At least then she’d have an excuse to get a cat.
LJ has US $15 gift card to give away to one lucky reader on her tour. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on January 21st.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.