Today I am so pleased to welcome Kate Hawthorne to Joyfully Jay. Kate has come to talk to us about her latest release, Reckless, Room for Love #1 (which I reviewed here and really enjoyed). She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Reckless is the first book in my new series, Room for Love, and I am happy to be here today to share an exclusive excerpt from the book and tell you a little about how this series came to be. I think a lot of times people think authors come up with these really grand ideas about the kinds of books they want to write, and to be fair, sometimes that’s true. Room for Love did not have such humble beginnings. Room for Love came to be because when I was shopping for GRL swag two years ago, I found those old, diamond shaped, plastic hotel keytags on a promo site, and I WANTED THEM.
I had already started writing the Giving Consent books, and my dream of writing a series that would allow me to buy keychain swag was pushed to the back of my head. I never forgot about it, though, and over the past two years, it developed into something real and tangible that I was excited to have a chance to start.
I knew all along the book would have brothers, and I knew all along they’d be kinky. I did a poll in my readers group last summer asking what kinks people wanted to read more about, then I narrowed down a list, and let the Motel brothers take shape in my mind.
Reckless is about Cameron. He’s the youngest of five (well, six…) and he accidentally on purpose propositions his best friend’s dad, Luke. Things escalate quickly (as they always do), and both men find themselves in a little bit over their head. Cameron is young and reckless (see what I did there?) and in need of a strong, guiding hand. It just so happens that Luke has two of those to spare.
How fucking embarrassing to get caught mid-orgasm by your best friend’s dad.
Your best friend’s hot as fuck dad, that is.
“Don’t even,” he warned himself, shoving his pants down and turning on the shower.
He made sure the water was suitably hot before he stepped inside. Normally he used Eddie’s body wash, but he reached for Mr. Alexander’s instead. He flipped the top open and lifted it to his nose, taking a quick whiff of the soap. He pictured the heated flush he’d seen on Mr. Alexander’s face before he’d had the decency to look away, then he squeezed some of the soap onto Eddie’s red sponge.
He used his best friend’s dad’s soap to wash the cum out of his happy trail, then rinsed himself clean and returned Eddie’s sponge to the shower rack. His heart hadn’t slowed, but instead of finding himself overtaken with embarrassment like he had in the bedroom, he felt strong and brave. He’d seen the way Mr. Alexander’s eyes had gone wide before he looked away. He might have been making something out of nothing, but Cameron puffed out his chest, feeling emboldened by the encounter. He allowed himself to wonder what it would be like to have earned those heated looks he was not fantasizing about.
Pursuing your best friend’s dad is never a good idea, but Cameron Motel is feeling reckless. His life is about to change, and Luke is older, attractive…and he represents something Cameron has never had before.
Luke didn’t mean to get involved with his son’s best friend, but Cameron needed a strong hand and Luke was willing to deliver on his promises.
This thing between them is supposed to be a secret, but something as big as love can’t stay hidden for long. Then a single phone call sends Cameron further away from home than he’d ever planned to go, and Luke’s subconscious keeps him grounded in the past unable to move on.
Cameron is gone, and to get him back, Luke needs to do something big, something bold, something…reckless.
Born and raised in Southern California, Kate Hawthorne woke up one day and realized she had stories worth sharing. Now existing on a steady diet of wine and coffee, Kate writes stories about complicated men in love that are sometimes dirty, but always sweet. She enjoys crafting hard-fought and well deserved happy endings with just the right amount of angst and kink.
From estate sale shopping to shoe worship, there’s something in at least one of her books that’ll tickle your fancy. Visit her website at www.katehawthornebooks.com
Kate has brought a copy of Reckless to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday, March 10th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.