Today I am so pleased to welcome Thom Collins to Joyfully Jay. Thom has come to talk to us about his latest release, Never Too Famous. He has also brought along copies to give away. Please join me in giving Thom a big welcome!
Thanks for allowing me to join you today to talk about my new release, Never Too Famous, the first book in the Success series.
Never Too Famous is set in the cut-throat world of reality television. It explores the instant fame that comes with TV exposure, and the lengths some people are prepared to go to in order to maintain it. I thought it would be fun to tell your readers about one of the main characters Harry Alexander. Harry is very different to the other characters in the story. Unlike most reality stars, he didn’t set out to be a celebrity. Quite the opposite, he wasn’t looking for fame at all.
Harry is a marine engineer and began his career working on a luxury cruise ship. When the ship and its crew took part in a fly-on-the-wall documentary series, Harry’s good looks and friendly personality made him a winner with viewers, leading to huge fame. Though Harry hasn’t always been comfortable in the public eye, his initial success afforded him some great opportunities; his own TV travel show, interviews, even a sexy calendar. The golden days don’t last and when we meet him at the start of the story, Harry is well aware that his fifteen minutes of fame are over. The TV jobs are a thing of the past and he gets by making personal appearances on the nightclub circuit, having to compete for work with younger, hungrier new talent; a situation he absolutely loathes. We join him in Manchester as he’s about to embark on another public appearance. Harry doesn’t know it yet, but he’s about to meet Grant Hunter, a different kind of reality star, and his life is about to change for good.
Writing Harry and Grant’s story was an absolute blast. It was fun to inhabit their crazy world and I hope readers think so too. This is the first book in the Success Series, which will explore the price people are prepared to pay to achieve and maintain success. Each book will have its own story, but readers can look out for recurring characters across the series. The second book, Tomorrow’s Hero focuses on Fernando, a closeted footballer, desperate to maintain his straight reputation.
They’ll do anything for fame, whatever the cost.
Harry Alexander and Grant Hunter are big names in reality TV, but they couldn’t be more different. For Harry, fame happened by chance. He was working as a marine engineer on a cruise ship when the liner became the subject of a fly-on-the-wall documentary series. Harry’s good looks and charming personality made him an immediate hit with viewers, and he became the break-out star of the show.
Grant Hunter took no chances in his pursuit of fame. Having starred in the outrageous reality show Sexy Northerners, he grabbed success with both hands and didn’t let go. Grant is prepared to do whatever it takes to stay at the top—red-carpet appearances, parties, high-profile romances and X-rated videos. He’ll do anything in the name of self-promotion to maintain his notorious reputation.
When Harry arrives in Grant’s home city of Manchester, they have preconceived ideas about each other. As they realize they have more in common than they ever thought, they must overcome prejudice, rivalry and the social and professional barriers placed before them, if they’re ever to get togetherSuccess Series Book 1
Publisher: Pride Publishing
Date: 10th March 2020
Word count: 31,515
Thom Collins is the author of Closer by Morning, Gods of Vengeance, Silent Voices and the Anthem Trilogy. His love of page turning thrillers began at an early age when his mother caught him reading the latest Jackie Collins book and promptly confiscated it, sparking a life-long love of raunchy novels.
He is currently working on a new novel.
Thom has lived in the North East of England his whole life. He grew up in Northumberland and now lives in County Durham with his husband and two cats. He loves all kinds of genre fiction, especially bonk-busters, thrillers, romance and horror. He is also a cookery book addict with far too many titles cluttering his shelves. When not writing he can be found in the kitchen trying out new recipes. He’s a keen traveler but with a fear of flying that gets worse with age, but in 2013 he realized cruising is the best way to see the world.
- Blog: www. thomcollins.co.uk
- Twitter: @thomwolf
- Instagram: ThomCollinsAuthor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thom has brought three copies of Never Too Famous to give away. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Saturday, March 14th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.