Today I am so pleased to welcome Becca Seymour to Joyfully Jay. Becca has come to talk to us about her latest release, Thicker Than Water (which we reviewed here). She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Becca has written some questions and answers to share with us today!
How did you come up with the title of your book?
It took me at least a month to settle on Thicker Than Water, which is super unusual for me. But after so much time and nearly driving myself to distraction, I considered the quote “Blood is thicker than water.” When I delved deeper, I discovered the quote actually comes from “The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.” This put a whole new spin on the misused quote, with the actual meaning being that blood that’s shed in battle bonds soldiers more strongly than that of family, or simple genetics. Immediately, this reduced quote “Thicker than water” became perfect since Callen, my main character, splits from the majority of his blood family to start afresh and form new bonds. It’s these bonds he develops with his comrades, and his love interest, Thatch, that prove incredibly strong.
Describe your main character in five words.
Callen: Cocky, self-assured, passionate, loyal, and sarcastic.
What was one of the most surprising things you learned in writing your new release?
That I can break away from my usual genre and the world didn’t fall apart. Hooray! World building, as well as creating a more complex plot that involved action and solving a case, while a challenge was something I really enjoyed. It kept me on my toes ensuring all of the events lined up. Urban fantasy romance is definitely a genre I’ll return too… I may even look at developing this book into a series, but I think I’d struggling focusing solely on this genre. My contemporary romances really provide a lightness that I’ve realised I need to balance out the stronger angst of UFR.
How long does it take you to write a book?
Thicker Than Water initially poured out of me. Twenty-five thousand words in two weeks! But then I hit a stumbling block and admittedly doubted the book and my break from my usual genre. When I picked it up, though, after writing my novella Becoming Us (True-Blue #3), I picked it back up and spent approximately six weeks or so weeks to finish it.
Can you share a little of your current work with us?
I’m returning back to Kirkby with True-Blue book 4, with a tentative title Thinking It Over. This book is Jasper’s story, a really fun character introduced in Becoming Us. He finally manages to get a teaching position and meets a man who perhaps he shouldn’t really have a crush on. I’m aiming for a June release.
What book are you reading now?
I’m reading Natalina Reis’s Of Magic & Scales. It’s the first merman book I’ve read, and I’m so loving it.
Thanks for having me stop by your blog.
Outcast operative in the Supernatural Investigation & Crime Bureau (SICB) Callen Blackheath finds himself doing what he does best: defying orders and giving his boss a headache in the thick of an operation he shouldn’t be in. And there’s no way he’s walking away, not when the investigation has become deadly personal.
Needing to protect the only family member he has left, this wolf shifter will do whatever it takes to stop the blood farms and destroy the dangerous drugs the vampires will kill for. But he doesn’t expect Liam “Thatch” Thatcher, the head of a special task force team, to receive a bite that pulls him into the centre of Callen’s world.
Bonded by memories and blood, together they navigate the operation that has wider reaches than they could ever imagine. And when it comes to matters of the heart, Callen knows in order to win, he needs to risk it all.
- Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2PPtvGa
- Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/36ujxQG
- Amazon CAN: https://amzn.to/2JIOHK7
- Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2qyQJWv
- Kobo: http://bit.ly/34wEqsJ
- iBooks: https://apple.co/36uY9Le
- Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48722254-thicker-than-water
- QueeRomance Ink Link: https://www.queeromanceink.com/book/thicker-than-water/
Becca Seymour lives and breathes all things book related. Usually with at least three books being read and two WiPs being written at the same time, life is merrily hectic. She tends to do nothing by halves so happily seeks the craziness and busyness life offers.
Living on her small property in Queensland with her human family as well as her animal family of cows, chooks, and dogs, Becca appreciates the beauty of the world around her and is a believer that love truly is love.
- Author Website: www.beccaseymour.com
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/beccaseymourauthor/
- Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/beccaseymour_
- Author Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authorbeccaseymour/
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18745264.Becca_Seymour
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/21905/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Becca-Seymour/e/B07NYXX6JP
Becca has brought a $20 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader on her tour. Follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.