Today I am so pleased to welcome Silvia Violet to Joyfully Jay. Silvia has come to talk to us about her latest release, Lucien. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hello everyone! Thank you for having me here today. I’m so excited about the release of Lucien which starts a brand new series, The Marchesi Family. This is the first time I’ve written characters who are in the mafia, and I’ve really enjoyed working on something different. I’d been in the mood both as a reader and a writer for something darker than my usual go-to subgenres. I wanted to write a character who was all alpha and unapologetic about it. I considered some options and decided to do a mafia series because it gave me the opportunity to also explore the importance of family and how a character can seem cold and unfeeling toward some people but still have a tight, close bond with his family and anyone he feels the need to protect. There’s also been a lot of opportunities to create characters that are nuanced in how they approach morality. I’ve enjoyed writing characters who do a lot of illegal things but also used their power to help people and had lines they won’t not cross.
To get ready to write the series, I researched organized crime and also read and watched a lot of mafia stories. I also did research about Boston, the location of the stories, by talking to friends who live there as well as traveling around on Google maps, looking up businesses and exploring houses for sale in the areas where the characters live. I now have lots of places I want to visit once travel is possible again.
I’m working on Angelo, Book 2 now and one of the characters owns an Italian bakery. Researching Italian breads and sweets has been my favorite research so far, and it’s inspired some baking projects.
I’m thrilled to finally be sharing Lucien with readers. While it is darker than much of my other writing, there are still plenty of tender, romantic moments and an HEA, so don’t be shy, jump on in and meet Lucien.
The Marchesi Family, Book 1
I never imagined the protector I longed for would be a mob boss who demanded complete control.
I should never have gone to Lucien’s office.
Once I looked into his eyes, I couldn’t leave.
He commanded me to kneel.
I couldn’t help myself.
One taste, and I craved more.
Lucien vowed to protect me from his enemies…
But who’s going to protect my heart from him?
Lucien is the first book in Silvia’s new The Marchesi Family Series and contains BDSM, impact play, questionable consent, scenes of mafia violence. It’s not extremely dark, more dark-lite
Silvia writes erotic romance in a variety of genres including contemporary, paranormal, and historical. She can often be found haunting coffee shops looking for the darkest, strongest cup of coffee she can find. Once equipped with the needed fuel, she can happily sit for hours pounding away at her laptop. Silvia typically leaves home disguised as a suburban stay-at-home-mom, and other coffee shop patrons tend to ask her hilarious questions like “Do you write children’s books?” She loves watching the looks on their faces when they learn what she’s actually up to. When not writing, Silvia enjoys baking sinful chocolate treats, exploring new styles of cooking, and reading children’s books to her wickedly smart offspring.
You can email Silvia at email@example.com
Giveaway & Tour Running from April 24-30th: For a chance to win a $10 Amazon Gift Card, simply follow @Silvia.Violet on Instagram & comment on any of the host photos lists with the hashtag #Lucien.
Tag and/or re-post host photos for extra entries!
Direct Link: https://www.instagram.com/gayromancereviews/
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.