Today I am so excited to welcome Annabeth Albert back to Joyfully Jay! Annabeth is here to share an exclusive cover reveal for High Heat, her upcoming story in the Hotshots series. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hey Joyfully Jay readers! I am so very excited to be here today to reveal the cover for HIGH HEAT, book 2 in my Hotshots series. If you haven’t read it yet, book one, BURN ZONE, is out now at all your favorite retailers. I loved writing BURN ZONE and capturing the smoke jumping universe. As a secondary character in BURN ZONE, Garrick was easily one of my favorite parts. He’s a fun guy, a veteran smoke jumper who embodies everything neat about the smoke jumping community with his love of sky diving and freewheeling attitude. He’s also a good friend to Linc and Jacob and vital part of their team. But what happens when that job, that community is threatened by an injury beyond his control?
Garrick’s book, HIGH HEAT, was a chance for me to delve deep into what happens when life doesn’t go according to plan. However, it’s not a high angst book at all. It’s fun and uplifting and super romantic. There’s a dog in need of a home, a kinky new younger neighbor, a hot tub, and shenanigans aplenty as Garrick and his co-hero Rain, discover what truly makes a home. As with the whole series, you can expect fire drama in the background and lots of adrenaline pumping, but also deep, meaningful feelings and warm, squishy endings.
And Garrick and Rain deserved a HIGH HEAT cover for all their sizzling chemistry and sexy feels! I’m so thrilled with what the Carina art team came up with! I love the covers for the whole series! And both HIGH HEAT and FEEL THE FIRE (book 3) are up for preorder at all retailers!
Do you have a favorite firefighter hero or heroine? Tell us in the comments! One lucky commenter will win a $10 GC! Thank you again for having me!
Annabeth Albert’s Hotshots series continues—the emotions and intensity of Chicago Fire with the raw, natural elements of Man vs. Wild .
Smoke jumping is Garrick Nelson’s life. Nothing, not severe injuries nor the brutal physical therapy that follows, is going to stop him from getting back with his crew. But when a lost dog shows up on his front porch, he can’t turn her away, and he can’t take care of her on his own. Thankfully, help comes in the form of his new sexy, dog-loving neighbor. As they work together, trying to re-home their little princess, Garrick can’t resist his growing attraction for the other man, even though he knows this guy isn’t the staying type.
Rain Fisher doesn’t take anything too seriously. He dances through life, one adventure at a time, never settling in one place for too long. When his hot, conveniently buff, neighbor shows up on his doorstep, dog in tow, Rain’s determined to not just save the adorable puppy, but her reluctant owner as well. He never expects their flirtation might tempt him into stay put once and for all…
Danger lurks everywhere for Central Oregon’s fire crews, but the biggest risk of all might be losing their hearts. Don’t miss the Hotshots series from Annabeth Albert: Burn Zone, High Heat, and Feel the Fire.Also by Annabeth Albert:
Out of Uniform:
Book 1: Off Base
Book 2: At Attention
Book 3: On Point
Book 4: Wheels Up
Book 5: Squared Away
Book 6: Tight Quarters
Book 7: Rough Terrain
Annabeth Albert grew up sneaking romance novels under the bed covers. Now, she devours all subgenres of romance out in the open—no flashlights required! When she’s not adding to her keeper shelf, she’s a multi-published Pacific Northwest romance writer.
Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. Annabeth loves finding happy endings for a variety of pairings and is a passionate gay rights supporter. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two children.
Connect with Annabeth Albert
- Website: http://annabethalbert.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnnabethAlbert
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annabethalbert
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/annabeth_albert/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6477494.Annabeth_Albert
Annabeth is giving away a $10 gift card to one lucky winner. Leave a comment below to enter. The contest closes on Tuesday, May 12, at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to any Joyfully Jay email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format and U.S. dollars unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.