Today I am so pleased to welcome RJ Scott to Joyfully Jay. RJ has come to talk to us about Crooked Tree Ranch. She has also brought along book to give away! Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
I’ve always been fascinated by the ‘fish out of water’ trope, ever since I read my first Mills and Boon, and even before that in the Narnia books or the Enid Blyton school stories. When a central character, for some reason, is thrown out of what they know and placed in a new situation that is alien to them, with all its associated difficulties, I love the way things go. Very often, there is the associated ‘misunderstood’ trope, the ‘hate to love’ trope, and of course, the best one of these types of stories, ‘opposites attract.’
Jay is fresh from losing his job as a marketing consultant in the city, and when jobs are scarce, he takes a last-chance job at a ranch in Montana, which promises a low salary, but somewhere to live and a horse. Given he’s never ridden a horse, he thinks they are messing with him, but no, he gets a horse. More importantly, he gets a safe home for himself, his sister, and his niece and nephew to live, and that is what is most important.
Nate is the rancher, taciturn, worried about the ranch, money, his family, and tired—he brought up his two younger brothers after his parents died, and he’s trapped even if he does love the land he works with every inch of his soul. Taking on a city-boy to help with marketing the dude ranch is just the start of how things begin to go wrong for Nate, and it’s a beautiful journey of love, family, mystery, and the ranch itself.
The Montana series is complete at six books and is in Kindle Unlimited.
rjscott.co.uk/Read-CTR will take you to the in Amazon in your country
My other cowboy series, Texas, is now completed at nine books and is also in Kindle Unlimited. There is an angsty spin-off, Legacy, which is a further three books (KU, obviously).
rjscott.co.uk/Read-HOT will take you to the Amazon in your country
USA Today bestselling author RJ Scott has written over one hundred romance books. Emotional stories of complicated characters, cowboys, single dads, hockey players, millionaires, princes, bodyguards, Navy SEALs, soldiers, doctors, paramedics, fire fighters, cops, and the men who get mixed up in their lives, always with a happy ever after.
She lives just outside London and spends every waking minute she isn’t with family either reading or writing. The last time she had a week’s break from writing, she didn’t like it one little bit, and she has yet to meet a bottle of wine she couldn’t defeat.
Win three ebooks from RJ’s backlist by commenting on the post and telling her what job you would love to do, but that would make you a fish out of water! (or leave any comment) Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Saturday, May 9th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.