Today I am so pleased to welcome Lee Colgin to Joyfully Jay. Lee Colgin has come to talk to us about her latest release, Forbidden Love. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Lee has written some questions and answers to share with us…
What’s the best thing about being a writer?
Oh wow. I don’t know. I like everything about being a writer. Maybe dreaming up new story ideas? I really love that part.
I can tell you the worst bit. Writing the blurb. It’s torture!
Where did you get the idea for your most recent book?
The idea for Forbidden Love came as I was writing its predecessor, Forbidden Bond. I knew I wanted to write the type of series where each book is a standalone, but subsequent books follow characters in the same universe. As I wrote the side characters of Nathan (a werewolf injured at toward then end of book one) and Ben (the vampire doctor on call), the two of them starting making googly-eyes at each other, and I knew their story would have to be next.
My original intention was to write Samuel’s story as the second book (the vampire interrogator from book one) but Nathan and Ben demanded to be heard, and that worked out best because Samuel is a prominent side character in their story and writing it really got me jazzed to feature him as the lead in the next book, Forbidden Need, which comes out in September.
What are you currently working on?
I’m doing one last round of self-edits to Forbidden Need before my editor makes her first pass. I’m nearly done. When I hand it off, I’ll go back to my WIP which is a standalone mm paranormal romance between a witch who saves the world and the vampire who saves him. I’m only one chapter deep, but the entire novel is already plotted. I can’t wait to get back to work! I intend to self-publish when it’s ready.
Do you have a writing schedule, or do you just write when you find the time?
It’s weird. I’ve never really had a schedule, but I used to squeeze writing in between my other jobs. My main career is a touring circus show, and I also have a part time job at a gym. Obviously both jobs were cancelled indefinitely due to the pandemic, so you’d think I’d be able to write more, but I was actually better at devoting time to it when time was hard to come by. Now that I have all the time in the world, I’m having trouble focusing.
Also the circus job is usually very physical and outdoors, but now it’s become a sit at the computer job just like writing (I’m creating videos for fans on patreon). So it might be that I only have so much capacity to sit in one place at a time. I don’t know. I know a lot of writers are frustrated right now. Times are weird.
When an esteemed vampire doctor treats an injured young werewolf, desire sparks between them.
Dr. Benjamin Arleth has devoted his life to finding a medical cure for his species’ most devastating weakness—sunlight. Finally, one of his pharmaceuticals shows promise, but sabotage looms large in the lab.
Wolf shifter Nathan Cramer is ready to finish grad school and begin his career when a trip to Center City’s Peace Conference goes awry. Weak and bleeding, Nathan knows his wounds could prove fatal. Dr. Arleth is his only hope.
Can love flourish between enemy species despite a society in turmoil? Could vampires walk in the daylight or will darkness reign? It’s a race to find answers, and Ben will have to put his trust in Nathan if they’re going to make it out alive.
Forbidden Love is a MM urban fantasy/paranormal romance and the second book in the series They Bite but can be enjoyed as a standalone.
Lee Colgin has loved vampires since she read Dracula on a hot sunny beach at 13 years old. She lives in North Carolina with lots of dogs and her husband. No, he’s not a vampire, but she loves him anyway. Lee likes to workout so she can eat the maximum amount of cookies with her pizza. Ask her how much she can bench press.
- Website: www.leecolgin.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/leecolgin
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/leecolgin
- Newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/d04e03b10ccf/leecolgin
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/leecolgin
- Amazon: www.amazon.com/author/leecolgin
Lee has brought $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader on her tour. Follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.