Today I am so pleased to welcome BA Tortuga to Joyfully Jay. BA has come to talk to us about her latest release, Cowboy’s Law. She has also brought along a copy to give away. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hey y’all. I’m BA Tortuga, resident redneck and lover of all things cowboy.
I write a lot of different version of the cowboy – from historical to paranormal to BDSM to contemporary. I love them all. My dead-level favorite though? The cowboys with kids.
Someone asked me why the other day. Why gay cowboys with children? Don’t you think that’s wrong?
I may have snorted.
Cowboys make amazing daddies. Amazing. They’re strong and solid. They know how to work. They know when to let you fall and when to pick you up out of the dirt. They don’t shirk from the hard parts, and they may not have a ton to say, but they know to tell their babies they love them. They are their babies’ heroes.
I write cowboy fathers because there aren’t enough stories about cowboys and babies in our world. I write gay and bisexual cowboy dads because folks tend to think that it couldn’t happen, wouldn’t happen, and I don’t believe that.
I write them because it brings me joy, and my readers tell me it brings them joy, and that’s my job. I write out of a place of pure hope and faith in the cowboy daddy.
You see, I know about cowboy daddies.
I have one.
When rodeo cowboy Seth’s best friend dies unexpectedly from cancer, he finds himself taking on a ranch and a bunch of his friend’s younger siblings, because they have nowhere else to turn. Seth loves those kids like they’re his own, and he settles in well to his new life, which is why he’s pretty wary when his buddy’s older brother finally makes it home from a long stint in the military.
Law knows he might get a chilly reception at his brother Pistol’s old ranch, even if the kids living there are his half-siblings. He didn’t make it to his brother’s funeral, after all, but to his credit, he was blown up trying to come home to do just that. He’s fighting injuries and insecurity, but when Seth welcomes him to the family ranch, Law knows he’s pretty much in love. Even if he thinks Seth was his brother’s lover. Can these two find a way to let their emotions out before tragedy strikes their family again?
Texan to the bone and an unrepentant Daddy’s Girl, BA Tortuga spends her days with her basset hounds and her beloved wife, texting her sisters, and eating Mexican food. When she’s not doing that, she’s writing. She spends her days off watching rodeo, knitting and surfing Pinterest in the name of research. BA’s personal saviors include her wife, Julia Talbot, her best friend, Sean Michael, and coffee. Lots of coffee. Really good coffee.
Having written everything from fist-fighting rednecks to hard-core cowboys to werewolves, BA does her damnedest to tell the stories of her heart, which was raised in Northeast Texas, but has heard the call of the high desert and lives in the Sandias. With books ranging from hard-hitting GLBT romance, to fiery menages, to the most traditional of love stories, BA refuses to be pigeon-holed by anyone but the voices in her head.
BA has brought a copy of Cowboy’s Law to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Wednesday, May 20th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.