This has been a particularly rough couple of weeks in the U.S. and I know so many people are feeling raw and scared and furious. At the same time, I have seen many displays of solidarity, of people coming together with one voice to speak out against racism, that there are moments that have been uplifting as well.
As a person, I may only have one voice, but as a blogger, I have a platform and I try to use it every day to promote LGBTQ stories and support the community. I’d also like to use that platform to express my firm believe that Black Lives Matter. This country has struggled with systemic racism for centuries, in big ways and small. And after watching injustice after injustice, people deserve to have their voices heard and to speak out for their rights and the rights of others. I have always tried to support Black and own voices authors here with our reviews and guest post spots, as well as to look for opportunities to share books featuring diverse characters. And I have tried to listen when we get it wrong, and I know we sometimes do. But I am listening, and if anyone feels that there is anything more I can do as a blogger, or that Joyfully Jay can do as a blog, to help lift up authors of color or books featuring characters of color, please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.
I fervently hope we are moving toward change and that the pain of the last few weeks will lead to something better. We can not tolerate anything less.
And now, here is what we have planned for this week:
- Review: The D in 403 B by Jess Bryant (Michelle)
- Review: Love According to Liam by V.L. Locey (Sammy)
- Guest Post: The Hideaway Inn by Philip William Stover
- Review: Stranded by Jessica Francis (Sue)
- Audiobook Review: The Troll Whisperer by Sera Trevor (Elizabeth)
- Review: The Engineer by C.S. Poe (Jay)
- Review: Home for a Cowboy by Amy Aislin (Kris)
- Guest Post: Mystic Guardian by Mary Rundle
- Review: Roommates and Space Trees by Geneva Vand (Sammy)
- Review: Snake Charmer by Kate Hill (Elizabeth)
- Review: Straight Up by K. Evan Coles and Brigham Vaughn (Michelle)
- Guest Post: Home for a Cowboy by Amy Aislin
- Review: Always You by Nell Iris (Kenna)
- Review: Come On, Get Lucky by Jacqueline Rohrbach (Sammy)
- Review: Borderland by F.E. Feeley, Jr and Jamie Fessenden (Camille)
- Review: Feral Dawn by Lee Colgin (Jay)
- Review: Isolation by Jade Black (Veronica)
- Guest Post: Winter’s End by Rebecca James
- Review: Kings of the Mountain by Morgan Brice (Jovan)
- Review: The Witch and the Wolf by Jane Wallace-Knight (Sue)
- Review: The Redemption of River by Eli Easton (Jay)
- Review: Hungry for Love by Rick R. Reed (Sammy)
- Review: Two for Joy by Louise Collins (Michelle)
- Guest Post: Heart’s Ablaze by A.D. Ellis
And that should do it for this week. Enjoy!