Today I am so pleased to welcome Becca Seymour to Joyfully Jay. Becca has come to talk to us about her latest release, Thinking It Over. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Becca has written some questions and answers to share with us today!
Where were you born? Since how long have you been living in Queensland?
I’m officially an English Aussie. Born and Bred in England, I relocated to Australia in 2010 with my small family of hubby and son. We started off with an adventure by buying a campervan and travelling around the east coast of Australia, and then heading to Victoria and South Australia. After three months on the road with our then two-year-old, we were eager for roots (and a flushing loo), so settled in Qld. We spent three years in the outback, which was an adventure, before settling in the hinterland on our small acreage property.
You’ve included dogs in your True-Blue series, why is that?
I do adore dogs and was lucky enough to have had three pets growing up—a Labrador and two German shepherds. All three displayed very similar characteristics of Penny—the dog in Thinking It Over. And I now have three crazy dogs—a Rhodesian ridgeback who is the most loyal, stubborn dog I’ve ever known, a kelpie-X cattle dog who will do anything for food and loves to round up our cows badly, and a border collie who never stops running.
This series simply felt like a good fit for characters to have dogs in their families. It started off as a natural way to help connect Tanner with Carter, who’s a veterinarian, and simply grew from there when I introduced Rex, their Rhodesian ridgeback.
Including Penny in my latest release, and introducing a new dog, and developing scenes where she featured was such a pleasure and evolved so easily. Each scene and interaction made me smile, giving me such fond memories of my own dogs.
Who inspired the character of young teacher Jasper in Thinking It Over? What is the biggest challenge while creating characters from the opposite sex?
Jasper was introduced in Becoming Us (True-Blue #3) and was introduced as a minor character to help the couple Davis and Scott go for their first night of clubbing together, and more significantly, giving Scott the opportunity to experience a night clubbing as an out gay man.
Jasper’s voice was so easy. He flowed so well. And writing about a young teacher was a next obvious step for me. I used to be an English teacher and was so focused and goal orientated when in education. My mission was always focused on my students and seeing them achieve to the best of their abilities, but also to hopefully fall in love a little with literature and the English language too.
Male voices come fairly easily. I do tend to check with my hubby and male friends for phrases to try to make sure the character’s voice is masculine.
Which is the next book you are working on? When is it due for release?
Not Used to Cute is one of my current WIPs. It’s a stand-alone story set in a small beachside town along the Queensland Coast, Australia. The characters are such fun to write, a little different to my usual characters I think. Not Used to Cute will release August 2020.
When a young teacher connects with the principal of his school, work and ex issues, the possibility of happiness, and a chocolate Labrador called Penny means they have a lot to think over.
Newly appointed teacher, Jasper Taylor, can’t believe his luck. After a year, he’s found a job with the possibility of a permanent contract, which finally allows him to put his teaching degree to good use. After meeting the silver-haired principal of the school, Jasper discovers his new position offers an additional temptation. He knows he should retreat, but who said avoiding attraction was easy, especially when the man he’s crushing on seems too good to be true?
Well-respected and focused on his career, Austin Harrison is at the top of his game. He’s turned a struggling school around, has finally put up boundaries with his demanding ex, and may just have secured full custody of his chocolate Lab, Penny. The appointment of the new English teacher, Jasper, threatens to unsettle the stability he’s been working towards. Austin’s attraction is immediate, heady, and oh so complicated. But does complicated mean he has to walk away?
Join Jasper and Austin in Becca Seymour’s low-angst, feel-good LGBTQ series, True-Blue Book 4. In the small town of Kirkby, there are busybodies, dogs who cause chaos, families who have the “best” of timing, and where good men have the opportunity to find their perfect match.
- Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2IcyLih
- Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/38gonAD
- Amazon CAN: https://amzn.to/3aeSaeu
- Barnes & Noble: https://bit.ly/3bjOeK2
- Kobo: https://bit.ly/39asoXY
- iBooks: https://apple.co/3ctfW8j
- Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/52800932-thinking-it-over
- QueeRomance Ink Link: https://www.queeromanceink.com/book/thinking-it-over/
Becca Seymour lives and breathes all things book related. Usually with at least three books being read and two WiPs being written at the same time, life is merrily hectic. She tends to do nothing by halves so happily seeks the craziness and busyness life offers.
Living on her small property in Queensland with her human family as well as her animal family of cows, chooks, and dogs, Becca appreciates the beauty of the world around her and is a believer that love truly is love.
- Author Website: www.beccaseymour.com
- Author Facebook (Personal): https://www.facebook.com/authorbeccaseymour
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/authorbeccaseymour
- Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/beccaseymour_
- Author Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authorbeccaseymour/
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18745264.Becca_Seymour
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/21905/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Becca-Seymour/e/B07NYXX6JP
Becca has brought $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader on her tour. Follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.