Today I am so pleased to welcome Dahlia Donovan to Joyfully Jay. Dahlia has come to talk to us about her latest release, Poisoned Primrose. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
For every book I’ve written, I’ve researched a variety of subject. Cozy mysteries always seem to involve a wider range of topics. I thought it would be fun to share the variety of things I’ve looked up for Poisoned Primrose.
None of these are spoilers.
- Rate at which a body decays.
- Cycling trails in Cornwall/Walking trails in Cornwall
- Small villages in Cornwall, this was before I’d decided what village to set the series in.
- Cold case investigations in the UK
- Origami and Quilling, fascinating paper folding arts
- Unique bicycles
- Spring weather and flowers in Cornwall
- Polperro coastline
- Indian food for a specific region of India
There’s loads of other stuff I research for any book. Names, places, restaurants, local sights. Often, I’ll hunt for YouTube videos where people have gone through walking trails or villages. It gives you a real perspective on a place without being there.
In fact, if you’d like to get a walking view of Polperro. There’s a wonderful video by the Cornish Maid – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGu4ypGOE-o.
Meet Motts and the quirky cast of characters in her world. Poisoned Primrose is a quintessential cosy British mystery and an all-round fun story to throw yourself into.
Autistic, asexual, and almost forty, Pineapple “Motts” Mottley flees London with her cat and turtle to a quaint cottage in Cornwall. She craves the peace of life in a small village. The dead body buried in her garden isn’t quite what she had in mind, though.
Unable to resist her curiosity, she falls directly into a mess of trouble and runs head-first into the attractive detective inspector, Teo Herceg. She tries to balance her business with the investigation, but as the killer focuses on her, staying alive becomes trickier than advanced origami.
Will Motts survive the onslaught of murderously bad luck?
Can she solve the mystery before it all spins out of control and off a cliff?
- Publisher: https://www.tangledtreepublishing.com/product/poisoned-primrose/
- Amazon US: https://amzn.to/31oK3cb
- Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/36WO2xJ
- Amazon CAN: https://amzn.to/398UaEG
- Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2TAFau0
- Kobo: http://bit.ly/2v3ygDK
- iBooks: https://apple.co/2v682jZ
- Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/50993762-poisoned-primrose
- QueeRomance Ink Link: https://www.queeromanceink.com/book/poisoned-primrose/
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.
- Author Website: http://dahliadonovan.com/
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/dahliadonovan
- Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/DahliaDonovan
- Author Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dahliadonovanauthor/
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8184061.Dahlia_Donovan
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/dahlia-donovan/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Dahlia-Donovan/e/B00KFNZFHU/
Dahlia has brought a $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader on her tour. Follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.