Today I am so pleased to welcome Anna Martin to Joyfully Jay. Anna has come to talk to us about her new audiobook releases, The Impossible Boy & The Lost Boy. She has also brought along copies to give away! Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hi everyone! And thank you Jay for letting me stop by.
After years of people asking if The Impossible Boy would ever be made into an audiobook, this year I found the perfect narrator to give Stan and Ben (and Tone!) their voices. Dan Calley is just an amazing narrator; it was actually my good friend Garrett Leigh who told me I had to listen to Dan and to snap him up quick to narrate the books for me, because his schedule was going to fill up fast!
It blows my mind a little bit that The Impossible Boy was first released three and a half years ago, and that it still seems to resonate with readers. I have no shame in saying that these two books are my favourite I’ve ever written – I put a lot of myself into those stories, and they have a darker, more honest and candid view of life and relationships than many of my other romances.
So it really has been a privilege to bring these books to audio so they can be enjoyed in a totally new way.
The Impossible Boy
The Lost Boy
The Impossible Boy
This is not your average love story.
Ben Easton is not your average romantic hero. He’s a tattooed, badass, guitarist in a band, working in a perfectly horrible dive bar in Camden Town. His life is good, and he’s totally unprepared for how one man will turn it upside down.
Stan isn’t your average heroine. As a gender-fluid man, he proudly wears his blond hair long, his heels sky-high, and his makeup perfectly executed. A fashion industry prodigy, Stan is in London after stints working in Italy and New York City, and he quickly falls for Ben’s devil-may-care attitude and the warm, soft heart Ben hides behind it.
Beneath the perfect, elegant exterior, Stan has plenty of scars from teenage battles with anorexia. And it only takes the slightest slip for his demons to rush back in while Ben is away touring with his band, Ares. With Ares on the brink of a breakthrough, Ben is forced to find a way to balance the opportunity of a lifetime with caring for his beautiful, impossible boyfriend.
The Lost Boy
Five years after his band Ares shot to success, Ben Easton is struggling. He’s holed up in a mansion in Los Angeles while he fights depression and a dark drug addiction that threatens to destroy everything. In a final attempt to save Ben’s life, his best friend Tone does something desperate—he calls Ben’s ex-boyfriend Stan and begs him to help.
Stan Novikov is living in New York and thriving in his career as a fashion journalist. He hasn’t been back to London since he and Ben broke up, but that seems like the right place to go—along with Tone—to try and shock Ben out of his unhealthy lifestyle.
The band have to finish their album before Christmas but without Ben, work has stalled. Ben has to decide whether he’s going to stay with Ares and keep making music, or find another path for his future. One that might just include Stan.</p>
Anna has brought an audiobook copy of BOTH the Impossible Boy and The Lost Boy to give away to two lucky readers (each winner get both audiobooks). Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Monday, July 6th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.