Today I am so pleased to welcome Lynn Van Dorn to Joyfully Jay. Lynn has come to talk to us about her latest release, Royally Screwed, which I reviewed here and just adored. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Lynn a big welcome!
When Angelo finally saw Yuri, his Yuri, he was holding hands with an older man as they walked along the river. Some devil, likely prompted by the memory of Rebecca Yardley, made Angelo jog over to the pair. The older man was handsome, with soft brown hair and strong, regular features. He looked to be possibly in his thirties, but it was hard to tell. He wore a very good suit. Not new, but bespoke and well cared for. Yuri wore a white button-down and gray slacks, his honey-colored hair longer than Angelo had ever seen it and hanging artistically in front of the left side of his face. His mouth didn’t betray any emotion and Angelo couldn’t see his eyes because they were hidden in a shadow cast by the older man’s much larger form.
“Hi,” Angelo said, something making his skin prickle. Maybe it was the possessive grip the man had on Yuri’s hand. “Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend?”
“No,” Yuri said, then flinched slightly.
“Manners, pet,” the man said. Looking Angelo up and down he added, “I’m Blackheath.” At Angelo’s blank stare, he added, “the Duke of Arrington’s heir. Not that the old man is planning on dying any time soon, naturally. So, for now, the courtesy title.” He smiled charmingly.
Angelo, for some reason, felt the need to punch him in the face, but he smiled back. “New boyfriend, Yuri? I thought you were dating a tutor.” He addressed Yuri but didn’t take his eyes off Blackheath, which was an extremely ridiculous name.
Yuri seemed to agree because he said, “Francis is a philosophy tutor at All Saints and we are together, yes.”
“I see.” Angelo held out his hand to shake, necessitating that Francis let go of Yuri’s hand. “I’m Angelo Devdan Nicolau Laurent Tanzhir.”He smiled toothily back at the man. “But you can call me Prince Angelo. Or your highness. Either will do.”
Angelo glanced at Yuri, hoping to find him furious, but saw instead that he had gone a strange, pasty white. “He’s a childhood friend, Francis,” Yuri said both quickly and quietly.
“Is he?” Francis gripped Angelo’s hand harder than necessary and shook it. “I’m honored to meet you, your highness,” he said smoothly.
“Likewise,” Angelo said. “I hope you’re treating my boy well.”
The older man’s face froze. “Your boy?” The question was sharp and icy.
“My betrothed. I’m surprised Yuri didn’t tell you. We’ve been betrothed forever. So technically, yes, he’s my boy.” Angelo’s smile widened. “I can live with you borrowing him, but I will expect him returned in excellent condition. I’m sure you understand.”
Take one betrothal gone awry…
Prince Angelo is destined to marry Prince Yuri. Never mind that Angelo isn’t gay and didn’t choose to be saddled with a moony-eyed princeling who is determined to ruin Angelo’s life. Then one day Yuri goes too far and Angelo has to take matters into his own hands.
Add one doomed arranged marriage…
Prince Yuri is destined forever to pine after Prince Angelo. Arranged marriages are archaic and awful enough without being stuck for life with someone you want who will never, ever in a million years want you back. Still, for someone who claims to want nothing to do with Yuri, Angelo is surprisingly possessive.
And you just might get one unexpected romance.
Two men, thrown together by fate and scheming parents, shouldn’t have a prayer of finding a happy ever after. But fate can be fickle, and love can exist where you never thought it could.
Royally Screwed is a 75,000-word M/M novel featuring royalty, a poorly-thought-out betrothal, one prince in need of a firm hand, a second prince who isn’t as straight as he always thought, drunken texting, bickering, practice kissing, odious British nobility, and falling in love despite all the reasons why you shouldn’t.
Lynn Van Dorn was born in Ohio and left it for the wilds of Chicago in her reckless youth. She wanted to become a fairy princess when she grew up, but since there are few openings for that position, she makes do with being a writer.
In her spare time, she drinks entirely too much tea, snugs her cats, loves her husband and son, reads voraciously, and avoids housework. She loves to watch anime, travel, knit, bake cookies, and conjure up happy every afters for handsome men who have trouble getting there on their own.
Connect with Lynn:
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LynnVanDorn/
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lynnvandornauthor/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lynnvandornauthor/
- Website: http://www.lynnvandorn.com
- Newsletter: https://lynnvandorncom.wordpress.com/newsletter/
- Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Lynn-Van-Dorn/e/B075LWC1QK/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_ebooks_1
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/lynn-van-dorn
Lynn has brought a $10 Amazon Gift Card and a copy of Royally Screwed to give away. Follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.