Today I am so pleased to welcome G.B. Lindsey to Joyfully Jay. G.B. has come to talk to us about her latest release, Standard Candle. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
I’ve always been comforted by the idea of an old friendship that can grow and evolve over time. I have some very precious, very solid friendships with people I was a child with, and I have also lost dear friends to time, space, and unresolvable disagreement. Those can be really hard. I think lots of people daydream about old relationships with a certain amount of happiness and pain, how friendships have changed, what it would take to restore the broken ones… Most importantly, whether it’s worth it to shed the fear and reach out. I write often on this theme. In Standard Candle, I wanted to try capturing that shift: when Avery realizes that his feelings have changed. It’s his exploration of a years-long love and whether the bond is strong enough to reshape itself. Avery has to decide what’s more important: the closeness he and Denny already have, or risking it all for something new. But relationships depend on more than one person, and Denny will have his own reactions to this.
Denny Wyatt: friend.
Denny, who sleeps in threadbare tees that smell like his cigarettes, who coats his arms in the guts of engines, who kisses like he’s sampling you, scenting you, until you forget that there are things you can’t afford to forget.
Denny Wyatt: with benefits.
It’s not dating. You’ve both done enough of that. You’re both stuck in this town, you’re both going nowhere, but at night, you have each other. It’s sex. It’s an arrangement. It suits you both.
Denny Wyatt: yours.
Tonight, the lie shatters. Denny Wyatt is so much more than friend, than lover, than any one word.
But you’d better speak—better find the words—or he’s gone
G.B. Lindsey was born and raised in California. Her first love has always been writing: as a child, she cultivated such diverse goals as becoming “a cowgirl and a writer” or “a paleontologist and a writer.”
Aside from her salacious affair with the horror genre, she loves to write sci-fi, romance, historical fiction, and short stories. Other hobbies include playing the piano, voracious reading, the occasional period drama movie night, and devouring scary films. She has a Master of Arts in Creative Writing from Newcastle upon Tyne, and now lives with her cat in California.
Connect with G.B.:
- Website: https://www.gblindsey.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gblindsey
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lindseywords/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lindseywords/boards/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDbKsPYpS2bsL8txs8ZbIKQ/featured
G.B. has brought a set of backlist ebooks to give away to one lucky reader on her tour. Follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.