Today I am so pleased to welcome R.L. Merrill to Joyfully Jay. R.L. has come to talk to us about her latest release, Brains and Brawn. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Weird and Wacky Questions with Ro
Describe yourself using… ( a food, a book, a song, a movie, an animal, a drink, a place etc) I am a plain chocolate cake with flashy, colorful decorations and the name’s misspelled. I’m a combination of a Stephen King story, maybe the Lawnmower Man or Carrie meets Judy Blume. I’m whatever the clumsiest animal you can think of who likes to cuddle. I’m a Shirley Temple with a cherry on top. I’m Beavis and Butthead meets Spongebob. And my place? A roller rink with a live band and a juke box where they serve hot fudge sundaes and burgers and fries.
Do you have any strange writing habits or superstitions? I write all over the place. I think the hardest thing about the pandemic has been that I’m forced to write in one place if I want to not be distracted. I’m struggling to deal with that. I’ve written a good many of my books sitting in the car, at the pool while my kids had swim practice, at the horse barn while my daughter competed…I wrote a big chunk of Hurricane Reese on my phone while sitting under a tarp in the rain at a horse show in Pebble Beach, California. I love going on retreats and I’ve written some of my favorite stories in haunted old buildings. The Holbrooke Hotel in Grass Valley, my gal pal’s home in Portland, Oregon, and the Jupiter bar in Berkeley.
If you could create a new holiday, what would it be? Oooooo I would make a holiday where we sit around at night and watch horror movies and scare the crap out of each other and we eat turkey, corn and mashed potatoes and donuts, and then the next morning we wake up and go to the beach and sleep all day and then at the end of the day we light a bonfire and listen to music and wish away all of the negativity in our lives. It’s like Hallothanksspringbreaksolsticepalooza. What do you think? Can we make it work?
What fictional speculative fiction character would you like to spend an evening with, and why? I’d want to spend an evening with Aaron from the Talamasca. I want to hear all the stories and be initiated so I can go work with them. If I disappear, you’ll know that’s why.
Star Trek or Star Wars? Why? Oh geeeez… As a young person I would have said Star Wars. As an adult who now tries to write, I’d say Star Trek because of the lessons the show and the brilliant characters. And the hilarity. I love the silliness.
What’s your drink of choice? Diet Coke. I love it. I need it. I can’t get enough of it.
What food(s) fuel your writing? I’ll give you a hint…Hershey’s makes a lot of it.
Thanks so much for having me! I hope you’ll check out the Summer of Hush series and fall in love on the Warped Tour! Stay Tuned for more Rock ‘n’ Romance…
- Summer of Hush – https://books2read.com/u/meeLQR
- Brains and Brawn: Summer of Hush Book Two – https://books2read.com/u/bwdQaa
R.L. Merrill brings you stories of Hope, Love, and Rock ‘n’ Roll featuring quirky and relatable characters. Whether she’s writing about contemporary issues that affect us all or diving deep into the paranormal and supernatural to give readers a shiver, she loves creating compelling stories that will stay with readers long after. Winner of the Kathryn Hayes “When Sparks Fly” Best Contemporary award for Hurricane Reese, Foreword INDIES finalist for Summer of Hush and RONE finalist for Typhoon Toby, Ro spends every spare moment improving her writing craft and striving to find that perfect balance between real-life and happily ever after. She writes diverse and inclusive romance, contributes paranormal hilarity to Robyn Peterman’s Magic and Mayhem Universe, and works on various other writing and mentoring projects that tickle her fancy or benefit a worthy cause. You can find her connecting with readers on social media, educating America’s youth, raising two brilliant teenagers, trying desperately to get that back piece finished in the tattoo chair, or headbanging at a rock show near her home in the San Francisco Bay Area! Stay Tuned for more Rock ‘n’ Romance.
- Author Website: https://www.rlmerrillauthor.com
- Author Facebook (Personal): https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005746815103
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/rlmerrillauthor
- Author Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/rlmerrillauthor
- Author Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rlmerrillauthor
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/9828914.R_L_Merrill
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/r-l-merrill/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/R-L-Merrill/e/B00PI6Q1LI
- Music Reviews: www.HorrorAddicts.net
R.L. has brought $25 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader on her tour. Follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.