Today I am so pleased to welcome Brandon Witt to Joyfully Jay. Brandon has come to talk to us about some upcoming releases, The Shattered Door and Second Helpings. He has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Brandon a big welcome!
Dear Joyfully Jay Readers,
Hi everyone! Thank you to Jay for allowing me stop by to talk about my upcoming releases for the next month. I’m soooo excited about these next two books, as they are currently the bookends to my writing career.
The first is The Shattered Door. This was the both the first book I’d written and the first book to get published… with MANY years between those two events. While not autobiographical, as with many first novels, you won’t find another of my works that holds more of myself in it. I will say upfront, while there is a romance in it, a very strong, loving romance… this book is not a romance. It is gay fiction with a romance subplot. There is lots of family drama, religious overtone tones, small town life, and things that will make you both laugh and cry. And… all these years later, I’m still super proud of it. If you read Then the Stars Fall, this book is the pre-cursor to that novel, though they are both stand-alones. Both are set in a small Missouri Ozark town.
The Shattered Door: https://bit.ly/ShatteredDoor
Next, we have Second Helpings. This is the only brand-new fiction I’m releasing this year. I wrote it about three years ago, and have been saving it. Now, it’s time! This is also set in the world of Then the Stars Fall and The Shattered Door. It, too, is a standalone. And, it IS a romance—a sweet, almost innocent, second chance story of love. This is a novella, and as it’s food centric, also has three family recipes included.
Second Helpings: https://amzn.to/2VDgYar
Also, both are in audio format, read by the same narrator (though his pen name changed between the two.) Second Helpings may or may not be visible on audible by the time of this posting. It should be… but you never know with the great and powerful Amazon.
Until next month, thanks for traveling this journey of love and fiction with me!
- April 7- Then the Stars Fall
- April 21- Imperfection of Swans
- May 5- Under a Sky of Ash
- May 19- Nachos & Hash
- June 2- Vodka & Handcuffs
- June 16- Mascara & Bandages
- June 30- Deeds & Confetti
- July 14- Mapping the Forest
- July 28- Braving the Rapids
- August 11- Son of Money
- August 25- The Shattered Door
- September 8- Second Helpings
- September 22-Submerging Inferno
- October 6- Rising Frenzy
- October 20- Clashing Tempest
- November 3- Shifting Silver
- November 11- Emerging Rebellion
- December 1- Short Story Collection 12/1
- December 15- Fan Boy
The Shattered Door:
After a tortured childhood and years of soul-searching, Brooke Morrison has finally settled into a comfortable life. While his sexuality prohibits him from practicing his degree in youth ministry in a church setting, he’s found a fulfilling job as a youth counselor at a residential treatment facility in Colorado. He falls in love, marries the man of his dreams, and makes peace with God. He’s happy.
Then his buried past drags him back to the Ozarks.
The life Brooke has worked so hard to build is crumbling in his hands in the face of painful memories and past abuse, and his confidence is withering. In El Dorado Springs, where his nightmares come to life, Brooke desperately seeks closure life doesn’t offer. Brooke must find value in himself, in his marriage, and in the world around him—and create the hope and perseverance to keep his past from swallowing him whole.
After escaping to New York City and building a successful career, food blogger Isaac Reynolds returns to his small Ozark hometown for his twenty-year high school reunion. But old ghosts and a charged family history surrounding his mixed-race identity emerge to threaten the emotional safety that time and distance once provided.
Grant Atkins never expected his long-lost love to make an appearance at the reunion—or to step foot in their hometown, for that matter—not after two decades in the big city. But the flames Isaac inspired in Grant have yet to cool, and while part of Grant wants to shove the past aside and live for the moment, the other part screams out a warning that the risk might shatter his heart and the peace he has finally found.
As Isaac explores the memories and flavors of childhood, he realizes what his soul has been craving all this time… And a second chance might be just within Grant’s reach.
Brandon Witt received his roots in the Ozark, grew wings in Denver, and is learning to fly in New Orleans. When not snuggled on the couch with his two dogs and his partner, Stephen, he is more than likely in front of his computer, nose inches from the screen, fingers pounding the keys.
- Website: http://www.brandonwitt.com
- Author Facebook Page: http://bit.ly/2jxsfVu
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wittauthor/
- Witty Reader’s Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/913139788830787/
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Brandon-Witt/e/B008FV6Y4M/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1454952325&sr=8-1
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4896623.Brandon_Witt
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO5cFqYKyNyDCxExAonFPRA
Three winners can choose a book from any of Brandon’s pen names (Brandon Witt, Rosalind Abel, or Mildred Abbott). Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday, August 18th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.