Today I am so pleased to welcome Elle Keaton to Joyfully Jay. Elle has come to talk to us about her latest release, Feinted Love. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
From Arnie’s POV
“He needs a lesson. He owes me.”
I’m back to thinking about Tobias Barrington, who, I have concluded, needs a lesson in what it’s like to not get what you want all the time.
“I think,” Duff huffs out between stretches, “If he pays you for it, it’s called prostitution.”
“I mean, he owes me something. When our relationship is equalized, then…” My plan has kind of a hazy quality about it.
“Um, you didn’t have a relationship then, and you don’t have one now,” Duff helpfully points out. “Tobias Barrington took you upstairs—I was at the same party, remember? You begged him, he took you upstairs and, I quote, ‘fucked your brains out,’ and you haven’t spoken to him since.”
I release a gusty sigh. “I didn’t beg. I’m pretty sure he invited me upstairs. You’re missing the point.”
“I don’t think there is a point.”
Shifting positions on the couch, trying to find the breeze, I say, “There is a point, just like you and your chakras—which must be pretty blocked up, because you snore. Tobias took something that didn’t belong to him, and after ignoring me for years has the gall to knock into me and spill my coffee.” At this point I’m almost more upset about the coffee than the other thing.
I’m perfectly aware Tobias didn’t take anything from me at the party that I wasn’t willing to give. But I’m pissed off that he has the world at his feet, while I’m… at the feet of the world. Ugh, terrible metaphor. It sounds like I’m giving the world a blow job.
“I’m not explaining things right. Tobias is this rich guy. He can have anything he wants, right? Somebody needs to teach him a thing or two. I think it’s going to be me.”
A gambit for love and a half-baked revenge plot; one hot Seattle summer…
One minute I’m minding my own business enjoying the sunshine, next I’m wearing my iced coffee.
I’m going to teach Tobias Barrington a thing or two; the first: you don’t always get what you want. I have no idea what the second is, I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Falling in love with Tobias is not on my list of lessons.
I’ve never forgotten Arnie Ferguson, or the night we had together. When I find him again, I want to get to know him—as more than a friend.
I may come from a wealthy family; but I know better than most that money can’t buy happiness. But brash, socially awkward Arnie Ferguson makes me think happiness is possible when you let your heart chose.
Feinted Love is a first person, dual POV, following Arnie Ferguson and Tobias Barrington as they do their best to awkwardly fall in love. No cliff hanger, HEA guaranteed. Heat level, 3+.
Elle hails from the northwest corner of the US known for, rain, rain, and more rain. She pens the Accidental Roots series, the Never Too Late series, and the soon be published Hamarsson and Dempsey series, all set here in the Pacific Northwest. All Elle’s books feature hot mm romance with the guarantee of an HEA. The men start out broken, and maybe they end up that way too, but they always find the other half of their hearts.
Elle began publishing March 2017, now she has ten books out. Fall 2019 Elle is adding a third series, Hamarsson and Dempsey, also set in the Pacific Northwest. H&D will focus on a single couple as they navigate the treacherous waters of romance and police work.
Elle loves both cats and dogs, Star Wars and Star Trek, pineapple on pizza, and is known to start crossword puzzles with ballpoint pen.
Connect with Elle:
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ElleKeatonWrites
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HighwayToElle/
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/elle-keaton
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ellekeatonauthor/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PirateQueenRdz1
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/profile/5ac2766f310a7853d4ce8ad4
- Website: https://www.ellekeaton.com/
- Amazon: https://amzn.to/ek-amazon-profile
- Goodreads: https://bit.ly/ek-gr-profile
To celebrate Elle’s New Series, Elle is giveaway a $10 Amazon Gift Gard! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.