Today I am so pleased to welcome April Kelley to Joyfully Jay. April has come to talk to us about her latest release, A Little Unsteady. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Why I am More Grateful for Books Than Ever
Real-life kinda sucks right now. I’m pretty sure I can speak for 99% of us, if not all. To quote Miley Cyrus, 2020 came in like a wrecking ball. The good things in the world ran to some tropical island somewhere, and they are all sitting on the beach, sipping some fruity drink out of a coconut. Meanwhile, we’re wading through slug that keeps getting dumped on us at every turn. Amongst all the bad news 2020 has brought us, there are a few nuggets of good left behind, though. One of those nuggets is the written word. I have never read or wrote more in my whole life. My stimulus money mostly went to my favorite authors. Not that I’m complaining. The point is, whether I’m reading or writing, I can pick up a book (or my laptop) and forget for a while.
Give me a good book with LGBTQ characters in almost any genre, and I’m content to do nothing but read. In fact, I would rather read than watch television. Reading and writing go hand in hand because I write what I like to read. It’s why I almost always write series. I love a set of books with a good plotline. My bookshelves, virtual and real, are filled with trilogies and series with a few single titles in between.
My biggest problem at the moment is finding shelf space. It’s a good problem to have.
Before Covid-19, I took for granted how many entertainment choices I had. And then we all went on lockdown. I’m all for self-isolating. As a writer, I became an expert at being alone with my thoughts a long time ago. I get a cup of coffee, sit at my desk with my computer, and think about how I can make my main character’s life miserable and then bring him back to a happy ending. The amount of isolation has been a lot, even for me. Had I not been a reader or a writer, this year would be filled with more stress and boredom than I could handle.
I’m not only thankful to be a writer, but also, I’m so grateful for others who choose to share their books with the world. I know I’m not alone when I say I’ve never needed the written word more.
Nigel wouldn’t mind if Asher called him Daddy if the age-gap didn’t bother him so much.
Nigel Blackburn has lived a full like as a private investigator. His job means he travels solo a lot, which is something he enjoys. He’s a grouchy, stubborn dragon shifter who is better off alone. The last thing he wants is a mate and certainly not one so young. It doesn’t matter that he finds little bobcat shifter, Asher Burkhart, sexy. But all Nigel’s dragon wants to do is protect, which is good because danger drives into town.
- Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F5CNMHF
- Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08F5CNMHF
- Amazon CAN: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08F5CNMHF
- QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/book/a-little-unsteady-wingspan-4/
April Kelley is an author of LGBTQ+ Romance. Her works include The Journey of Jimini Renn, which was a Rainbow Awards finalist, Whispers of Home, the Saint Lakes series, and over thirty more. She’s a main contributor at Once and Books.
- Author Website: http://www.authoraprilkelley.com/
- Author Facebook (Page): https://www.facebook.com/authoraprilkelley/
- Author Facebook (Group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/1538712856332109
- Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/authoraprilkell
- Author Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authoraprilkell/
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/authoraprilkelley
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/april-kelley/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/April-Kelley/e/B00TWDUUEM/
April has brought a $20 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader on her tour. Follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.