Hi gang! Wow! What a week! I feel like I am breathing a big sigh of relief and happiness today. I still can’t fully believe it. So many years of so much stress and tension that it is almost hard to accept the fact that we will have a new president. I know this has been an especially challenging time for so many members of our LGBTQ community, people of color, and other diverse backgrounds, and I couldn’t be more thrilled that we are hopefully moving on to a period of more inclusiveness and acceptance and rights for all.
I am also thrilled beyond belief that we will have our first female vice president, and our first VP of color. It seems amazing we are still having these firsts here in 2020, but worthy of celebration nonetheless. When I think of those little girls who are seeing themselves out there and realizing their futures are bright and wide, it gives me hope. (And I will also admit to a thrill that our new Second Gentlemen is Jewish, something else that has never happened at this level of politics).
Just a secret here between us — we are out of town this weekend at the beach so I originally wrote this post on Thursday night so that it would run while I was gone. I talked about the stressful week and how hard it was to wait for such an important vote. So I will thrilled this morning when I realized I could come back and change my post today to say yes, we did it!
Saturday I sat on the beach on a gorgeous day with blue skies, warm temperatures, and joy in my heart! I hope you all are enjoying yourselves as well!
Ok, so we are back to work on Monday, so here is what we have planned:
- Review: Geek Tattoo by R. Cayden (Elizabeth)
- Review: Sort of Dead by Rob Rosen (Sammy)
- Guest Post: Learned Behaviors by Jayce Ellis
- Review: Bear Essentials by Rain Carrington (Veronica)
- Review: The Happy List by Briar Prescott (Michelle)
- Review: Hunted by A.T. Brennan (Jay)
- Review: Learned Behaviors by Jayce Ellis (Kris)
- Review: Amethyst Isle by Wren Kenzie (Sue)
- Guest Post: Wicked Stepbrother and Other Stories by Warren Rochelle
- Review: Expression: Telepaths Rising by Colin D. Vaughn (Camille)
- Review: The Rock Star’s Familiar by T.J. Nichols (Jay)
- Guest Post: Outlaw by Kiki Burrelli
- Review: Tattered Angel by Layla Dorine (Sammy)
- Review: Paint Eater by Marina Vivancos (Michelle)
- Audiobook Review: The Mystery of the Bones by C.S. Poe (Jay)
- Cover Reveal: Very Cherry Christmas by Keira Andrews
- Review: At All Costs by Simone Anderson (Elizabeth)
- Review: Flicker by Elizabeth Tybush (Jovan)
- Review: Gentle Wolf by Pia Foxhall (Jay)
- Review: By the Light of the Dawn by Adrienne Wilder (Sue)
- Review: Rough Contact by Beth Bolden (Sammy)
- Guest Post: The PV-3 Mutagen by Beryll and Osiris Brackhaus
- Review: Hookup at the Library by Skylar M. Cates (Michelle)
And that should do it for this week!