Today I am so pleased to welcome B.D. Roca to Joyfully Jay. B.D. has come to talk to us about her latest release, Loverman (Sydney Stories Book 1). She has also brought along an exclusive excerpt and copies to give away! Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Watching Charles’ scarcely contained panic, Kemp could have told him that if he felt bad now, tomorrow was going to make this look like a picnic. He’d lived through enough media storms to know. He would have, but for every listening ear.
The gallery’s owner, Liz, came up to him. She’d greeted Kemp, earlier, but her attention had been focused on Charles and just getting his late arse in the door, getting him introduced to the right people. The people with money. The people into collecting art and the buyers for the big public collections. But now she gave Kemp a huge hug.
It shocked him. She’d met him before, but she’d been no music fan and without doubt thought Charles could do better than a dirty, filthy rocker who drew more attention than he did.
“Big turnout,” Kemp said neutrally.
She ignored it. “Thank you,” she said. Her brown eyes were wry, cynical, assessing, and truthful all at once. Tough lady, Kemp thought, off balance and amused, and then she said softly, for his ears alone, “You’re so good for him. I could not… when he decided to throw out half of the works and bring in the new stuff, I thought I’d have a nervous breakdown. But then I saw them… Hell.” She grinned suddenly. “How did he persuade you to pose for them?”
“I’m an exhibitionist. No persuasion required.”
The brown eyes were businesslike but candid. “Lucky Charles.”
“Lucky me,” drawled Kemp.
And he hadn’t even fully seen what he knew was up on those walls.
From the look in Liz’s brown eyes, she certainly had.
Another flash of a camera.
He knew what it would capture. Charles in washed-out jeans for once, a loose white shirt, all Nordic beauty, blond hair glittering under the fierce gallery lights, holding hands with the boyfriend whose naked images he’d just used to plant a nuclear bomb in the midst of his successful, carefully executed career. Kemp couldn’t begin to imagine where this would lead. And Kemp himself was a monochromatic study in plain black, fingers clutching the usual glass of paint-stripper wine these things handed out, no matter how upscale the gallery.
Was he angry? Charles had asked.
Hell, if it wasn’t for the attention he’d draw, he’d applaud. Tonight had taken sheer fucking guts. Charles had stopped playing safe with his talent.
Pity he couldn’t get closer to the images without drawing more attention. He felt that he was seeing them reflected back through the assessing looks others were giving him.
The big question: What had Charles been thinking?
The crowd parted for a second, and he caught a real glimpse of one.
A rock star hiding a vicious crime.
A billionaire’s son fighting for his own identity.
Kemp Lansey and Charles Durant, once stepbrothers. One, now a famous singer. The other, a renowned photographer.
Reunited after eight years, Kemp tells himself that it’s just sex—fierce, damned near bloodletting sex.
Sex and a mutual understanding.
Kemp doesn’t want Charles’ millions.
Charles doesn’t want Kemp’s fame and glory.
Kemp tells himself he can have their new relationship, as long as Charles never finds out Kemp is guarding someone else’s secrets—secrets that drove them apart all those years ago. Secrets that could tear apart the life of someone Kemp loves. Secrets that could end their relationship.
Kemp walked away once. He should walk away again.
All he has to do is hide the truth from Charles.
Because Charles can’t know. Can he?
BD Roca grew up in Brisbane, Australia and still misses the scent of frangipani and living in funky old Queensland houses. When not writing, she enjoys yoga, and the occasional glass of pinot, although not in combination. If you’d like to drop her a line, she can be reached at email@example.com.
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/bdroca
- Website: https://bdroca.wordpress.com
- Instagram: @bdrocawrites
- Twitter: @bd_roca
Loverman universal link: mybook.to/loverman
B.D. has brought 2 copies of Loverman to give away to two Joyfully Jay readers. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Wednesday, November 18th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.