Today I am so pleased to welcome Anna Martin to Joyfully Jay. Anna has come to talk to us about her latest release, We Whisk You a Merry Christmas. She has also brought along copies to give away. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hello everyone, and Happy Holidays! Thank you so much to Jay for letting me stop by today. My latest holiday short story, We Whisk You a Merry Christmas, is out now.
Following last year’s Let It Sew, this is my next holiday pun titled book, and let’s face it… it’s unlikely to be the last. I just feel there’s something about this season which welcomes bad puns, the cheesier the better!
This story is set in a little village bakery (small villages also feature heavily in my holiday stories) that Brandon’s dad used to own. Now Alex has taken it over, and Brandon has to come to terms with the changes that have happened since his dad passed away. It’s a very sweet (pun intended – come on, you should be expecting this by now) look through the bakery window at the two boys figuring each other out. I hope you like it.
After years working in fancy French patisseries, Alex Blake thought he was ready for a change of pace with his new independent bakery, but the demands of a small village at Christmas mean earlier mornings than he’s ever worked before.
It’s still a shock when he walks into the kitchen one morning and finds a man asleep on his counter.
Brandon Walker only meant to sneak into the bakery his father used to own to have a look around. He definitely didn’t mean to take a nap and get caught by the new owner. But when Alex asks for help Brandon finds it hard to refuse… it’s the season of goodwill to attractive men, or something like that.
Buy Link: Amazon
Anna Martin is from a picturesque seaside village in the south west of England and now lives in Bristol. After spending most of her childhood making up stories, she studied English Literature at university before turning her hand as a professional writer.
Apart from being physically dependent on her laptop, Anna is enthusiastic about writing and producing local grassroots theatre (especially at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, where she can be found every summer), visiting friends who live in other countries, Marvel Comics, learning new things, and Ben & Jerry’s New York Super Fudge Chunk.
Anna claims her entire career is due to the love, support, pre-reading and creative ass-kicking provided by her closest friend Jennifer. Jennifer refuses to accept any responsibility for anything Anna has written.
Anna has brought three copies of We Whisk You a Merry Christmas to give away to lucky readers. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Saturday, November 28th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.