Today I am so pleased to welcome KC Burn to Joyfully Jay. KC has come as part of the Coastal Magic Blog Tour to talk to us about Bookish Bits & Bites. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hello! I’m KC Burn, another author with the Coastal Magic Blog Tour, and I’m so happy to be here. Sad I won’t get to see Jay in person this year, though!
This year, Coastal Magic authors and readers have to adjust to a completely virtual event, but we’ve been getting ready for it with online games and chats and a reading challenge. A lot of our pre-con activities were recorded are posted on the Coastal Magic Facebook page so you ought to visit & like it ASAP! And, there’s still time to sign up for con.
Coastal Magic Convention is hands down one of my favourite events, and I’ve attended every year since its inception, except for the year I moved from Florida to California. One of the events during the con is a basket raffle, with the proceeds going to Habit for Humanity. Always a lot of fun, but not exactly feasible for a virtual event, so the organizers decided on a charity anthology instead. Stories and recipes from myself and a few of the fantastic authors attending. I’m not entirely sure a zombie story mixes well with a recipe – bite IS in the anthology title, but I guess I’ll leave that for the readers to decide.
The anthology, Bookish Bits & Bites, is available for pre-order now and will only be on sale until Feb 21, 2021 so you’d better get in your orders now! I’ve included a pic of the finished product for my recipe, but keep in mind I’m neither a professional baker nor a photographer. It still tasted awesome!
As for other writing stuff… it’s coming slowly. For those of you familiar with my work, the sequel to North on Drummond – West on Grainger – is in the works, and I’m desperately hoping it will be available by the end of February but nobody hold their breath, okay? I was fortunate enough to keep my day job despite all the pandemic layoffs but it has resulted in some crazy overtime, and after 12 or 14 hours in front of the computer the last thing I’m thinking about is more hours on the computer writing. Also, having the hubby work from home is a challenge.
My newest work is called The Tithe, currently only available on Amazon. It’s a sci-fi short that was previously available in an anthology but there is a lot of new content, almost doubled in size.
So, after all that, obviously we need a prize! Do you think you would attend an online convention? What would you find appealing or objectionable about doing so? $20 Amazon gift certificate for a random commenter, and I hope to see you all at the con!
Coastal Magic Convention takes place virtually February 18-21, 2021. You can find out more about the convention, as well as how you can join in for the panels and events, by checking out the site here and some of the ways you can get involved virtually here.
Don’t miss BOOKISH BITS & BITES, a limited edition short story & recipe anthology from some 2021 Coastal Magic Convention Featured Authors. Proceeds to benefit a local Habitat For Humanity chapter.
KC Burn is a Canadian transplanted to California who writes happy-ever-afters about men loving men, whether they’re psychics, space travelers, aliens, professors, construction workers, cops, amateur sleuths… you name it, she’ll probably write it. She’s got a pair of black cats, aka muses/nuisances, and a supportive, understanding hubby.
KC has brought a $20 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Wednesday, February 3rd at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.