Today I am so pleased to welcome Riley Long to Joyfully Jay. Riley has come to talk to us about her latest release, Blood on Tap. She has also brought along a great giveaway! Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
When we were nearly done with the main room, Drew pulled the tarp into place near the bathrooms and then tugged his shirt off over his head.
“It’s hot.” He fanned himself. “Aren’t you hot?”
“I haven’t been hot in hundreds of years,” I said skeptically.
“Not that kind of hot. I don’t mean like when we were humans. But it’s stifling in here, can’t you tell? I don’t know, I feel better without a shirt on.” His cheeks were slightly flushed, which was a lot of color for a vampire. I suspected the drink was getting to him, too.
The more I thought about it, the more I realized he might have been right. The room was stifling without ventilation. There was no breeze, and the air was thick with the scent of paint and dust. Reluctantly, I tugged at my collar and pulled my shirt off before discarding it on a nearby table.
Drew’s eyes widened when he caught sight of me. His body was lean, muscular and taut, but mine was muscular in a different way, strong and thick. I felt very self-conscious all of a sudden, being half-undressed in front of another being for the first time in many, many years, which was quite unlike me. “I can put my shirt back on,” I said in a hurry. My self-consciousness made my voice stiff and standoffish even to my own ears.
Drew shook his head in a hurry. “No, it’s fine. Sorry.”
I nodded and finished off what had to have been my third—or was it fourth?—glass of the blood. I was starting to enjoy the intoxicating sensations flowing through me, the way my body was feeling loose and my mind was relaxing. I was at ease for the first time in a very long while.
He grinned at me.
What’s a retired rockstar vamp to do in a quaint, quiet English town?
Buy the only pub, make it a vampire haven, and flirt incessantly with my one and only employee, of course.
I hate everything about my new boss.
His face. His arrogant smile.
The way he acts like he knows everything.
I hate him so much I just want to… kiss him? What the hell?
Riley Long is a wife and mother living a quiet life in Virginia, with her husband, son, and one goofy pit bull. She passes her evenings writing, reading, and watching bad television (or not so bad television). For fun, Riley participates in NaNoWriMo, GISH, and reads with her book club, the BAMFs. She likes things with silly acronyms. The craziest thing Riley has ever done involves whipped cream and hugs. Riley writes sweet and sexy romance, with a special place in her heart for hipsters and musicians.
Connect with Riley:
- Book Bub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/riley-long
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13515411.Riley_Long
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B01578N1BO
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/writerrileylong
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/writerrileylong/boards/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/writerrileylong/
- Website: https://rileylongwrites.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WriterRileyLong/, https://www.facebook.com/groups/RileysReaders, https://www.facebook.com/rileylongwrites
To celebrate Riley’s release, we are giving readers 1 of 2 chances too win an e-set of Blood On Tap and Shot in the Dark! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.