Today I am so pleased to welcome Mell Eight to Joyfully Jay. Mell has come to talk to us about her latest release, Magnified. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
The café hadn’t changed in the few months since Mary had last sent Yani there. The small booths and tables filling the space needed new upholstery and tabletops; the floor was cheap linoleum and the counters low-grade Formica. Despite all that, the coffee was always the best, and their muffins had won awards. It was the top college hangout in the area, but that didn’t stop suits bringing their business meetings by or grannies having a little nosh for lunch.
Yani found a table in the corner and tossed the pink carnation Mary had pressed into his hand before he left onto the scarred surface. He only waited a couple of minutes before a young man about the same age as Yani walked into the shop. Yani wouldn’t have noticed him if the man’s eyes hadn’t immediately focused on the flower.
Aaron was average-looking, but it wasn’t a bad sort of average. He had light-brown hair and eyes, a straight nose, and full lips. He was thin and looked muscular, although that was hard to tell under the neat sweater and jeans he was wearing. Aaron wasn’t overwhelmingly gorgeous like Luke, but Yani liked what he was seeing.
“I’m Aaron,” Aaron said politely as he drew even with Yani’s shoulder. “Mary told me to meet the person with the pink flower.”
Yani turned and stood, only then realizing just how tall Aaron was. Craning his neck upward sent a little thrill through Yani’s gut. He had a bit of a thing for taller men.
“I’m Yani…” Yani began, but trailed off when a stifled look of panic flashed across Aaron’s face. Aaron’s head whipped to the side so he could stare out the windows where an early autumn sunset was just beginning to color the sky over the city, and then turned back to carefully study Yani’s face. “If you don’t want to do this, I understand,” Yani added quickly, hoping to prevent a panicked reaction. “I know Mary can be a little forceful about these things.”
Aaron took a deep breath, visibly bracing himself before a smile lifted his lips just slightly.
“I’m sorry,” he said, and the rich tone to his voice sent a shiver down Yani’s spine—another positive check in Aaron’s column. “It’s just that you look like someone I know. Sit down and tell me your coffee order. I’ll go get us drinks.”
On her deathbed, Yani’s great-grandmother reveals she has one last story from her past to tell: that of his great-uncle Yakov, who helped her survive the Nazis. It’s a story of vampires and werewolves he can scarcely believe—and in the wake of his great-grandmother’s death, Yani discovers the story is far from over.
The world of vampires and werewolves isn’t a safe place for a human, even one with Yani’s unusual family history. With danger at his door, the smart thing would be to run, but much like his great-grandmother, Yani has never been very good at running away—especially with his loved ones and the whole world at stake.
- NineStar Press: https://ninestarpress.com/product/magnified/
- Books2Read: https://books2read.com/u/mgzXR7
When Mell Eight was in high school, she discovered dragons. Beautiful, wondrous creatures that took her on epic adventures both to faraway lands and on journeys of the heart. Mell wanted to create dragons of her own, so she put pen to paper. Mell Eight is now known for her own soaring dragons, as well as for other wonderful characters dancing across the pages of her books. While she mostly writes paranormal or fantasy stories, she has been seen exploring the real world once or twice.
- Website: http://melleightfiction.weebly.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MellEightFiction/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MellEight
One lucky winner will receive a $10.00 NineStar Press Gift Code! Follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.