Today I am so pleased to welcome Anyta Sunday to Joyfully Jay. Anyta has come to talk to us about her latest release, Emerett Has Never Been in Love. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hey lovelies! Thank you so much for having me today to celebrate my latest release, “Emerett Has Never Been In Love”. This fast-paced, light-hearted rom-com is also start to a new series: “Love, Austen”. You might have guessed it – all the books in this series are modern day gay retellings of Jane Austen’s novels.
I’ve always loved Austen’s stories, they were some of the first romances I’ve ever read. I think I’ve also seen every movie or TV adaption ever made, and the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice has become a yearly tradition in our house.
So why do I find them so fascinating? I’d have to say that it’s three things for me: First, the characters. Austen is such a shrewd observer, really dissecting the mechanisms of society of her times. Second, the wit and intelligence. These are dialogue heavy books, with subtext to boot. And finally, and to me the most important, the humor. She really had fun with her characters. Even written more than two hundred years ago, these stories hold up.
Fast forward to 2021, and we are more than ever in need of humor and fun. What better way to provide a great distraction by pairing these timeless stories with a dose of trademark Anyta Sunday slow burn? That’s what you’re getting with “Emerett”, a retelling of “Emma”. If you know the original, you will still find the main storylines intact, while some characters have been merged or taken on new roles. And if you don’t know “Emma”, then “Emerett” will give you an absolutely delicious, slow burning, age gap, gay romance.
You might ask, what’s next in “Love, Austen”? Next up is “Cameron Wants To Be A Hero”, a retelling of “Northanger Abbey”, and the retelling of “Pride & Prejudice” is already in the works, both of which you can expect for 2021!
So what you’re waiting for? Go check out “Emerett”, it’s beautiful cover by Lauren Dombrowski, as well as the gorgeous interior illustrations! I hope this book makes you just as happy as it made me.
Love, Austen (Book 1)
A man who acts before he thinks, a man who thinks before he acts, and the ensuing mishaps on the path to the ultimate love match.
~ ~ ~
Emerett “Lake” Lakewood has a healthy ego and a flair for the dramatic. After losing his best friend to marriage—completely crushing his heart—he deems it prudent to distract himself, and what better way than playing cupid?
He’s already got his eye on two young men desperately seeking romance, and he has a plan to hook them up.
Reciting Shakespearean love declarations.
Lake is killing it. Love is positively pulsing in the air. Anyone could see it.
Well, anyone other than Knight, his best friend’s dad, who cautions Lake to stop meddling. To leave love to its natural course.
Lake has always valued Knight’s frankness, but this time he’s wrong. Without him, two hearts might be doomed never to find love.
Besides, what does Knight know about romance? He’s barely dated in all the seven years Lake’s known him. He’s clueless. Though, there’s a thought. Knight has everything going for him. Sensibility. Kindness. Generosity. And for a forty-four-year-old, he’s—objectively—freaking hot.
Why is he single?
~ ~ ~
“. . . [T]here may be a hundred different ways of being in love.”
~ Jane Austen
And a hundred different ways not to recognize it.
I’m a big, BIG fan of slow-burn romances. I love to read and write stories with characters who slowly fall in love.
Some of my favorite tropes to read and write are: Enemies to Lovers, Friends to Lovers, Clueless Guys, Bisexual, Pansexual, Demisexual, Oblivious MCs, Everyone (Else) Can See It, Slow Burn, Love Has No Boundaries.
I write a variety of stories, Contemporary MM Romances with a good dollop of emotion, Contemporary lighthearted MM Romances, and even a splash of fantasy.
My books have been translated into German, Italian, French, Spanish, and Thai.
- Sign up for Anyta’s newsletter and receive a free e-book: http://www.anytasunday.com/newsletter-free-e-book/
- Join my Facebook group to chat all things Slow Burn Romance: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SlowBurnSundays/
- You can also find me here: www.anytasunday.com
- For information about new releases and freebies, follow me on BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/anyta-sunday
To celebrate the release of Emerett Has Never Been in Love, Anyta is giving away a $20 Amazon voucher & e-set of her Signs of Love Series! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.