Today I am so pleased to welcome Elle Keaton to Joyfully Jay. Elle has come to talk to us about her latest release, The Heart Heist. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
What happens when When Harry Met Sally and Four Weddings and a Funeral meet in an elevator? You get The Heart Heist, except no one dies and everyone is queer. I may possibly be dating myself by mentioning these two movies, but the person who said this is one hundred percent correct. Plus, even though I didn’t plan it, films ended up having a role in Heart Heist (as well as Feinted Love).
Jacob and Duff are the two main characters in The Heart Heist, Jacob grew up in Seattle and Duff arrived when he was fairly young. And, Seattle is, of course, the third main character. Sense of place is very important in my writing. I’ll freely admit I had to remind myself that Seattle wasn’t the main character and forced myself to cut a bunch of references and scenes, I don’t need readers to fall in love with Seattle, I want you to fall in love with Jacob and Duff.
But…one of my aims is to take readers to places in my hometown they may not have seen in Sleepless in Seattle, 10 things I Hate About You, or any of the other movies filmed here (as an aside if you really want to see old Seattle check out the Fabulous Baker Boys but don’t get me started on Say Anything as it was mostly shot in California!).
The gum wall is (well, gross) cool but so is Ye Old Curiosity Shoppe—a place not to miss, if only for the weird collection of mummified bodies. Yes, Pike (there is no “S” at the end—this is a pet peeve of mine) Place Market is incredible, I take all my out-of-town guests there. But munching on fish and chips at the Spud’s in West Seattle is cool too, and you can visit our tiny Statue of Liberty which stands on the beach there.
But I digress. The Heart Heist is a love story about two young men who meet, meet again, and meet a few more times before they truly understand what they are to each other. It’s about accepting help when you need it, found family, it’s about having both safe places and safe people.
In December 2021 I’ll be releasing the third and final in the series, The Boyfriend Spree, which is Charley and Simon’s story and all I have to say is, Simon has his work cut out for him!
Thank you for taking a chance on my guys!
Crimes of the Heart, Book 2
Duff Cleveland knows better than to open himself to love, that’s how you get hurt.
Jacob De Rossi is a family guy; he’s got the house and the picket fence he’s just missing the man.
When a gorgeous stranger wanders into Jacob’s yoga studio one summer night Jacob knows he’s in trouble. He’s going to break all his rules and probably his heart.
Something about Jacob has Duff wanting more, but how many just one more time’s can a dedicated hookup artist justify? He can hardly handle the life he’s living, having an actual boyfriend is impossible.
Jacob’s not letting Duff go easily. It’s obvious, to him at least, that Duff needs someone in his corner, and he’s the man for the job.
Will Duff recognize his heart is safe with Jacob before it’s too late?
The Heart Heist is a first person, dual POV, following Duff Cleveland and Jacob De Rossi as Jacob woos Duff’s reluctant heart. No cliffhanger, HEA guaranteed. Heat level, 4+.
Elle Keaton writes contemporary gay romance and MM romantic suspense set in the Pacific Northwest. Elle’s books are known for their hot mm romance, complex characters, and unique sense of place. The men start out broken, and maybe they’re still banged up by the end, but they always find the other half of their hearts.
Elle published first in 2017, now she has over seventeen books available for you to read or listen to. She loves cats and dogs, Star Wars and Star Trek, pineapple on pizza, and is known to start crossword puzzles with ballpoint pen.
Love always wins, thank you for supporting this indie author!
Connect with Elle:
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ElleKeatonWrites
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HighwayToElle/
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/elle-keaton
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ellekeatonauthor/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PirateQueenRdz1
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/profile/5ac2766f310a7853d4ce8ad4
- Website: https://www.ellekeaton.com/
- Amazon: https://amzn.to/ek-amazon-profile
- Goodreads: https://bit.ly/ek-gr-profile
To celebrate Elle’s New Series, Elle is giveaway a $20 Amazon Gift Gard! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.